forgive me if this has been asked before, but I cant find anything specific to my situation. I recently accepted a job offer at Stanford Hosp ital and Clinics in redwood city,ca. Im moving from Bakersfield, ca to the bay area and know nothing about the area. Im a sibgle parent and I have a highschool freshman and a middle school child, so I need good schools without breaking the bank. What are some good safe areas. my work schedule is 10pm to 930am, so I dont know what traffic will be like. I would love to have things to do not to far away, but we love to travel so not a deal breaker. ive been told Cupertino is a great area. I drove through a part of redwood city and it looked a little run down, plus the schools were average. Schools and safety are top priority..Can anyone give me ideas and a little info about the towns
moving to Sf bay area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 6 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 7 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 8 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 9 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 10 Visiting Denver
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 14 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 15 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 16 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 17 Denver in a half day
- 18 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 19 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 20 Oahu ideas
- 21 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 22 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 23 Best places to move to Florida?
- 24 West Coast Bound End of March
- 25 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help