forgive me if this has been asked before, but I cant find anything specific to my situation. I recently accepted a job offer at Stanford Hosp ital and Clinics in redwood city,ca. Im moving from Bakersfield, ca to the bay area and know nothing about the area. Im a sibgle parent and I have a highschool freshman and a middle school child, so I need good schools without breaking the bank. What are some good safe areas. my work schedule is 10pm to 930am, so I dont know what traffic will be like. I would love to have things to do not to far away, but we love to travel so not a deal breaker. ive been told Cupertino is a great area. I drove through a part of redwood city and it looked a little run down, plus the schools were average. Schools and safety are top priority..Can anyone give me ideas and a little info about the towns
moving to Sf bay area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 3 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 4 San Francisco - mid October
- 5 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 6 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 8 Quick Trip to NYC
- 9 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 10 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 11 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 12 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 13 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 14 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Road trip itinerary
- 17 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 18 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 24 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 25 denver to badlands