I am looking for some advice on places to stay in Maui. We will be heading there in a couple of weeks and I'm finding the number of choices are overwhelming. Hope some can offer good advice based on our preferences.
I know we'll have to work with what's available given our timing.
We are planning on visiting Hana and Haleakala. We really don't have any other things on our agenda other than relaxing. We aren't into the touristy things or big resorts. We prefer smaller B&Bs, a local feel, good restaurants with a local feel. Beachfront nice but not req'd.
I've done some research and think Paia might be good for the local feel and Kihei might be a good place to relax. Any other suggestions? We're trying to keep it under $200 a night.
Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 2 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 3 What's new on Maui?
- 4 Worst Restaurants in America
- 5 Broadway choices
- 6 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 7 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 8 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 9 Question About Sealodge
- 10 Yosemite Lodging
- 11 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 12 Colorado aspen updates
- 13 New England Skiing
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 16 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 17 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 18 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier
- 19 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 20 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 21 Seward, Coopers Landing, Homer
- 22 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 23 Tucson area flooding
- 24 Ground transportation Buffalo NY airport to Oakville, ON Canada?
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT