I am overwhelmed by the amount of information on the various islands and everything I find out leads to more questions. So here are the facts:
I am taking my mother for her first visit to Hawaii in October for one week.
I anticipate spending a couple days relaxing on the beach, and other time out exploring.
My mom is in her early 70s and relatively active - no hiking/biking/etc., but she is able to keep a good pace when she travels.
My mom had no idea the idea of a resort hotel existed until she stayed at one in Florida for a few days. She loved general quietness of a private beach and easy access to the hotel while sitting on the beach with chairs all set up, umbrellas, etc..
Money is an object on one hand, but yet we may splurge a bit for a nicer place.
When i have looked at various beaches and hotels I have been unable to gage if they will give my mom that "resort" feel that she wants. Some beaches don't seem like the relaxing experience she had in Florida.
The main thing i am trying to determine is what beach in Kauai or Maui gives us that without it being crawling with people. Once i narrow it down to the beach i hope to figure out the hotel (but am certainly open to your suggestions).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 2 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 3 Driving to Naples fl
- 4 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Downtown Chicago
- 8 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 Vasectomy Procedure Beverly Hills
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 13 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 16 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 17 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 18 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 19 Nashville Questions
- 20 Summer vacation
- 21 First Trip to Texas -
- 22 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 23 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 24 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 25 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?