I am overwhelmed by the amount of information on the various islands and everything I find out leads to more questions. So here are the facts:
I am taking my mother for her first visit to Hawaii in October for one week.
I anticipate spending a couple days relaxing on the beach, and other time out exploring.
My mom is in her early 70s and relatively active - no hiking/biking/etc., but she is able to keep a good pace when she travels.
My mom had no idea the idea of a resort hotel existed until she stayed at one in Florida for a few days. She loved general quietness of a private beach and easy access to the hotel while sitting on the beach with chairs all set up, umbrellas, etc..
Money is an object on one hand, but yet we may splurge a bit for a nicer place.
When i have looked at various beaches and hotels I have been unable to gage if they will give my mom that "resort" feel that she wants. Some beaches don't seem like the relaxing experience she had in Florida.
The main thing i am trying to determine is what beach in Kauai or Maui gives us that without it being crawling with people. Once i narrow it down to the beach i hope to figure out the hotel (but am certainly open to your suggestions).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Burning Mouth Syndrome Natural Treatment
- 2 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 3 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 4 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 5 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 6 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 7 Summer trip
- 8 How many states have you been to?
- 9 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 10 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 11 Florida keys trip
- 12 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 13 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 14 Route Planning for East USA
- 15 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 16 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 17 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 18 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 19 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 22 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 23 Skagway
- 24 Retiring in NM?
- 25 Chicago to Charleston