I am overwhelmed by the amount of information on the various islands and everything I find out leads to more questions. So here are the facts:
I am taking my mother for her first visit to Hawaii in October for one week.
I anticipate spending a couple days relaxing on the beach, and other time out exploring.
My mom is in her early 70s and relatively active - no hiking/biking/etc., but she is able to keep a good pace when she travels.
My mom had no idea the idea of a resort hotel existed until she stayed at one in Florida for a few days. She loved general quietness of a private beach and easy access to the hotel while sitting on the beach with chairs all set up, umbrellas, etc..
Money is an object on one hand, but yet we may splurge a bit for a nicer place.
When i have looked at various beaches and hotels I have been unable to gage if they will give my mom that "resort" feel that she wants. Some beaches don't seem like the relaxing experience she had in Florida.
The main thing i am trying to determine is what beach in Kauai or Maui gives us that without it being crawling with people. Once i narrow it down to the beach i hope to figure out the hotel (but am certainly open to your suggestions).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 2 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 3 California Trip
- 4 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 5 Turo?
- 6 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 7 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 8 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 9 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 10 NYC For The Day
- 11 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 12 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 13 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 14 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 15 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 16 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 17 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 18 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 19 US whole month of January where to
- 20 Need help nailing down the details
- 21 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 22 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 23 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 24 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 25 See Alaska by train