I am overwhelmed by the amount of information on the various islands and everything I find out leads to more questions. So here are the facts:
I am taking my mother for her first visit to Hawaii in October for one week.
I anticipate spending a couple days relaxing on the beach, and other time out exploring.
My mom is in her early 70s and relatively active - no hiking/biking/etc., but she is able to keep a good pace when she travels.
My mom had no idea the idea of a resort hotel existed until she stayed at one in Florida for a few days. She loved general quietness of a private beach and easy access to the hotel while sitting on the beach with chairs all set up, umbrellas, etc..
Money is an object on one hand, but yet we may splurge a bit for a nicer place.
When i have looked at various beaches and hotels I have been unable to gage if they will give my mom that "resort" feel that she wants. Some beaches don't seem like the relaxing experience she had in Florida.
The main thing i am trying to determine is what beach in Kauai or Maui gives us that without it being crawling with people. Once i narrow it down to the beach i hope to figure out the hotel (but am certainly open to your suggestions).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 2 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 Breakfast in Monterey Bay
- 5 California RV baby and child seats
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 NY State Assembly Internship
- 8 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 9 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 10 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 11 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 12 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 13 Arlington funeral plans
- 14 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 15 White Christmas
- 16 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 19 Grand Canyon
- 20 San Francisco and Napa
- 21 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 22 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 23 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 24 Midway point
- 25 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy