My wife, daughter (age 18) and I are flying in to Boston/Logan mid afternoon July 5th and fly back out of Boston, early morning July 14, so I need to leave a day for seeing a few sites in Boston on July 13. Our goal is to spend time exploring up the Maine coastline and possibly into New Brunswick as well. We love nature, lighthouses, and eating at food joints where we can mingle with the locals.
Based upon the forums I have screened thus far, there seems to be a consensus that we should spend time in Acadia Nat'l Park. Other folks simply reference Acadia, thus, I am not sure if they are also referring to the Nat'l park or the Acadia area in general. I did a mapquest search of Acadia and it listed the center as close to the Canadian border. We are definitely water and mountain people and would like to do some hikes that are not overly difficult.
As soon as we land we will head towards Portland. I was thinking to only spend the night and the following day there and perhaps make our way into Rockland the second night. I have seen various recommendations for Camden / Rockland and was not sure on the adequate number of days I should lodge in Rockland as a hub before moving further north. I have seen folks discuss SW Harbor, Barr, Boothbay, etc.
I have never been to Maine before so I have no understanding of how long it might take to meander the coastline or the best hub locations. I figure whatever we miss, we can catch on my way back down to Boston.
Your assistance is requested and greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 2 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 3 Newark to Paris
- 4 http://advancedtrimsite.com/vital-cleanse-pro/
- 5 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 6 THE REAL HACKING TEAM
- 7 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 8 http://klereumcol.com/biocore-muscle/
- 9 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/dermajur/
- 10 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 11 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 12 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 http://seremolynbuy.com/sihu-skin-care/
- 14 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 15 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 16 Regenes Lift Trails
- 17 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/test-reload-review/
- 18 Although performing the LA Weight Loss!
- 19 TestoGen - Personal supplement reviews and results
- 20 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 21 Napa Valley Hotel
- 22 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 25 Southern Michigan vacation destination?