My wife, daughter (age 18) and I are flying in to Boston/Logan mid afternoon July 5th and fly back out of Boston, early morning July 14, so I need to leave a day for seeing a few sites in Boston on July 13. Our goal is to spend time exploring up the Maine coastline and possibly into New Brunswick as well. We love nature, lighthouses, and eating at food joints where we can mingle with the locals.
Based upon the forums I have screened thus far, there seems to be a consensus that we should spend time in Acadia Nat'l Park. Other folks simply reference Acadia, thus, I am not sure if they are also referring to the Nat'l park or the Acadia area in general. I did a mapquest search of Acadia and it listed the center as close to the Canadian border. We are definitely water and mountain people and would like to do some hikes that are not overly difficult.
As soon as we land we will head towards Portland. I was thinking to only spend the night and the following day there and perhaps make our way into Rockland the second night. I have seen various recommendations for Camden / Rockland and was not sure on the adequate number of days I should lodge in Rockland as a hub before moving further north. I have seen folks discuss SW Harbor, Barr, Boothbay, etc.
I have never been to Maine before so I have no understanding of how long it might take to meander the coastline or the best hub locations. I figure whatever we miss, we can catch on my way back down to Boston.
Your assistance is requested and greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Watch HDQ Rugby 8 December 2016 Live online
- 2 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 3 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 4 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 5 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 6 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 7 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 8 Ideas for New York
- 9 San Francisco transit options
- 10 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 11 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 12 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 13 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 14 IAH to HOU Questions
- 15 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 16 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 17 Great OR beach house locations?
- 18 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 19 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 22 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 23 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 24 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 25 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS