My wife, daughter (age 18) and I are flying in to Boston/Logan mid afternoon July 5th and fly back out of Boston, early morning July 14, so I need to leave a day for seeing a few sites in Boston on July 13. Our goal is to spend time exploring up the Maine coastline and possibly into New Brunswick as well. We love nature, lighthouses, and eating at food joints where we can mingle with the locals.
Based upon the forums I have screened thus far, there seems to be a consensus that we should spend time in Acadia Nat'l Park. Other folks simply reference Acadia, thus, I am not sure if they are also referring to the Nat'l park or the Acadia area in general. I did a mapquest search of Acadia and it listed the center as close to the Canadian border. We are definitely water and mountain people and would like to do some hikes that are not overly difficult.
As soon as we land we will head towards Portland. I was thinking to only spend the night and the following day there and perhaps make our way into Rockland the second night. I have seen various recommendations for Camden / Rockland and was not sure on the adequate number of days I should lodge in Rockland as a hub before moving further north. I have seen folks discuss SW Harbor, Barr, Boothbay, etc.
I have never been to Maine before so I have no understanding of how long it might take to meander the coastline or the best hub locations. I figure whatever we miss, we can catch on my way back down to Boston.
Your assistance is requested and greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 time to visit statue
- 2 Aladin tickets in NYC
- 3 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 4 Celebrity Birthday
- 5 6 Months Pregnant
- 6 San Francisco Trip - 6 months Pregnant
- 7 Place an order to get competitive essay
- 8 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 9 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 10 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 12 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 13 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 14 Northern California Gardens.
- 15 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 16 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 17 Hawaii wedding
- 18 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 19 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 20 Route 66
- 21 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 22 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 23 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 24 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 25 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii