My wife, daughter (age 18) and I are flying in to Boston/Logan mid afternoon July 5th and fly back out of Boston, early morning July 14, so I need to leave a day for seeing a few sites in Boston on July 13. Our goal is to spend time exploring up the Maine coastline and possibly into New Brunswick as well. We love nature, lighthouses, and eating at food joints where we can mingle with the locals.
Based upon the forums I have screened thus far, there seems to be a consensus that we should spend time in Acadia Nat'l Park. Other folks simply reference Acadia, thus, I am not sure if they are also referring to the Nat'l park or the Acadia area in general. I did a mapquest search of Acadia and it listed the center as close to the Canadian border. We are definitely water and mountain people and would like to do some hikes that are not overly difficult.
As soon as we land we will head towards Portland. I was thinking to only spend the night and the following day there and perhaps make our way into Rockland the second night. I have seen various recommendations for Camden / Rockland and was not sure on the adequate number of days I should lodge in Rockland as a hub before moving further north. I have seen folks discuss SW Harbor, Barr, Boothbay, etc.
I have never been to Maine before so I have no understanding of how long it might take to meander the coastline or the best hub locations. I figure whatever we miss, we can catch on my way back down to Boston.
Your assistance is requested and greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Antelope Canyon: Upper & Lower on same day
- 2 Booking accommodations through Trip Advisor, Expedia , etc.
- 3 Seattle in early August
- 4 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 5 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 6 California and Oregon Coast Trip
- 7 Airport to St Louis Arch area, taxi best option?
- 8 11 days SE coast road trip
- 9 Road trip Canton, GA to Charleston, SC
- 10 Trip Report: 3 weeks in the Southwest, May-June 2015
- 11 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 12 Itenarary - 1st Week Sep - Phoenix to Page to Zion to Bryce
- 13 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 14 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 15 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 16 North Carolina Triangle
- 17 Quick Palm Springs Getaway
- 18 Ferry options Seattle to Victoria
- 19 What to do in Raleigh, NC?
- 20 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 21 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 22 Glacier NP Trip 2016
- 23 Washington DC - Hop on/off buses
- 24 Minnesota to Colorado
- 25 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada