We are considering a 6-day motorized rafting trip with 12 and 14 year old girls. Anyone have experience with this type of trip, and this age? The trip we are considering does not include the hike in or out - it would start in Lees Ferry and helicopter out at Whitmore Wash. In late July/early August. I know it's hot, but from what I understand, the cool water helps. Also, is this trip worth the cost? We'd be spending almost 50% more than we usually spend on vacation - although I know it's a trip-of-a-lifetime. Still, it's expensive and I'd love to hear some thoughts on folks who have done this one.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 2 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 3 Mesa Verde question
- 4 Planning our Move
- 5 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 6 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 Primal Shred – Primal Shred Its Work Muscle Growth For Male
- 10 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 11 Wilmington DE questions
- 12 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 13 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 14 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 15 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 16 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 17 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 18 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 19 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 20 Hotel advise Chicago
- 21 Maui and Kauai
- 22 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 23 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 24 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 25 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums