We are considering a 6-day motorized rafting trip with 12 and 14 year old girls. Anyone have experience with this type of trip, and this age? The trip we are considering does not include the hike in or out - it would start in Lees Ferry and helicopter out at Whitmore Wash. In late July/early August. I know it's hot, but from what I understand, the cool water helps. Also, is this trip worth the cost? We'd be spending almost 50% more than we usually spend on vacation - although I know it's a trip-of-a-lifetime. Still, it's expensive and I'd love to hear some thoughts on folks who have done this one.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to the Deep South
- 2 Airfares in the 1970's
- 3 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 4 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 5 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 6 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 7 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 8 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 9 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 10 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 11 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 12 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 13 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 14 Seattle to San Francisco
- 15 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 16 San Francisco and Napa
- 17 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 18 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 19 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 20 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 21 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 22 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 23 Budget NYC hotel
- 24 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 25 Timeshare on Cape Cod