We are considering a 6-day motorized rafting trip with 12 and 14 year old girls. Anyone have experience with this type of trip, and this age? The trip we are considering does not include the hike in or out - it would start in Lees Ferry and helicopter out at Whitmore Wash. In late July/early August. I know it's hot, but from what I understand, the cool water helps. Also, is this trip worth the cost? We'd be spending almost 50% more than we usually spend on vacation - although I know it's a trip-of-a-lifetime. Still, it's expensive and I'd love to hear some thoughts on folks who have done this one.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Grand Canyon Whitewater Rafting w/ older kids
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 2 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 3 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 4 ONP help
- 5 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 6 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 7 Road Tour in Usa
- 8 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 9 So you love handbags!
- 10 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 11 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 12 replica designer handbags
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 15 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 16 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 17 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 18 Re-Visit DC
- 19 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 20 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 21 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 22 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 25 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .