We are considering a 6-day motorized rafting trip with 12 and 14 year old girls. Anyone have experience with this type of trip, and this age? The trip we are considering does not include the hike in or out - it would start in Lees Ferry and helicopter out at Whitmore Wash. In late July/early August. I know it's hot, but from what I understand, the cool water helps. Also, is this trip worth the cost? We'd be spending almost 50% more than we usually spend on vacation - although I know it's a trip-of-a-lifetime. Still, it's expensive and I'd love to hear some thoughts on folks who have done this one.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 2 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 3 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 6 Inexpensive family getaways
- 7 Valdez, Alaska
- 8 NJ to Florida drive
- 9 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 10 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 11 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 12 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 13 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 14 Discounted Rental Car?
- 15 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 16 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 17 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 18 Los Angeles to Nashville
- 19 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 20 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 21 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 22 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 23 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 24 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 25 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open