After a week in the Keys in February, we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Our plan is to find a hotel with airport shuttle service and turn in the rental car. I am not able to determine whether any of the airport hotels are within walking distance of restaurants or shops. I do not wish to spend the afternoon/evening stuck in a hotel. Are the hotel airports (anyone have a recommendation?) located in areas that would be safe to wander around? Would it be more advisable to find a hotel in another area and turn in the rental car right before our flight? We have not purchased airfare yet, so we could take an afternoon flight. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ft. Lauderdale hotel info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Self guided White House tour
- 3 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 4 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 7 Northwest USA
- 8 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Central Coast-California
- 11 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 12 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 15 Moving to CT
- 16 Hotels Philly
- 17 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 20 san diego or nearby area
- 21 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 22 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 23 LA for a day and a half
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 ski trip: utah or colorado