After a week in the Keys in February, we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Our plan is to find a hotel with airport shuttle service and turn in the rental car. I am not able to determine whether any of the airport hotels are within walking distance of restaurants or shops. I do not wish to spend the afternoon/evening stuck in a hotel. Are the hotel airports (anyone have a recommendation?) located in areas that would be safe to wander around? Would it be more advisable to find a hotel in another area and turn in the rental car right before our flight? We have not purchased airfare yet, so we could take an afternoon flight. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ft. Lauderdale hotel info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best places to move to Florida?
- 5 West Coast Bound End of March
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 8 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 9 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 10 Oahu ideas
- 11 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 12 Key Largo, FL
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Death Valley in June
- 15 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 16 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 17 San Diego grocery stores
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit