After a week in the Keys in February, we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Our plan is to find a hotel with airport shuttle service and turn in the rental car. I am not able to determine whether any of the airport hotels are within walking distance of restaurants or shops. I do not wish to spend the afternoon/evening stuck in a hotel. Are the hotel airports (anyone have a recommendation?) located in areas that would be safe to wander around? Would it be more advisable to find a hotel in another area and turn in the rental car right before our flight? We have not purchased airfare yet, so we could take an afternoon flight. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ft. Lauderdale hotel info
View all United States activity »
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 3 Madison Square Garden
- 4 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 5 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 6 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 7 Warm and don't Drive
- 8 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 9 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 St. Augustine, Florida
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 14 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 15 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 19 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 20 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 21 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 22 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 PRIDE OF AMERICA