After a week in the Keys in February, we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Our plan is to find a hotel with airport shuttle service and turn in the rental car. I am not able to determine whether any of the airport hotels are within walking distance of restaurants or shops. I do not wish to spend the afternoon/evening stuck in a hotel. Are the hotel airports (anyone have a recommendation?) located in areas that would be safe to wander around? Would it be more advisable to find a hotel in another area and turn in the rental car right before our flight? We have not purchased airfare yet, so we could take an afternoon flight. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ft. Lauderdale hotel info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 2 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 5 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 6 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 7 Quick Trip to NYC
- 8 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 9 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 10 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 11 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 12 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 13 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Road trip itinerary
- 16 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 17 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 18 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 23 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 24 denver to badlands
- 25 10 days in Big Island and Kauai