After a week in the Keys in February, we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale. Our plan is to find a hotel with airport shuttle service and turn in the rental car. I am not able to determine whether any of the airport hotels are within walking distance of restaurants or shops. I do not wish to spend the afternoon/evening stuck in a hotel. Are the hotel airports (anyone have a recommendation?) located in areas that would be safe to wander around? Would it be more advisable to find a hotel in another area and turn in the rental car right before our flight? We have not purchased airfare yet, so we could take an afternoon flight. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ft. Lauderdale hotel info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Connecticut River Byway
- 6 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 7 Boston/Salem with kids
- 8 San Diego farmer's markets
- 9 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 10 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?