We're talking about meeting some friends in/around Branson for a long weekend this fall. Mapquest routes me on the interstate, taking I-44 up to Springfield, then south on 65. It looks like a more direct route to take 412 through Springdale, then 65 north to Branson. My questions:
What is that 412 route like? It the scenery worth the extra time (I'm assuming it takes longer since mapquest directs me a different way)?
Is it windy, curvy roads with no place to pass?
Is there a lot of semi traffic? (My DH's blood boils when he can't pass a slow semi!)
For my friends in NW Arkansas: routing from Tulsa to Branson
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 6 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 17 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 18 Philadelphia
- 19 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Universal studios/Orlando
- 25 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations