We're talking about meeting some friends in/around Branson for a long weekend this fall. Mapquest routes me on the interstate, taking I-44 up to Springfield, then south on 65. It looks like a more direct route to take 412 through Springdale, then 65 north to Branson. My questions:
What is that 412 route like? It the scenery worth the extra time (I'm assuming it takes longer since mapquest directs me a different way)?
Is it windy, curvy roads with no place to pass?
Is there a lot of semi traffic? (My DH's blood boils when he can't pass a slow semi!)
For my friends in NW Arkansas: routing from Tulsa to Branson
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 6 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 9 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 10 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 11 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 12 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Dining in D.C.
- 15 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 16 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 17 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 18 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Washington DC Metro
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 25 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone