I'm looking to plan a trip to NYC Thanksgiving weekend. It will be my husband and I's first time in the city. Advice on where to stay is greatly welcomed. I'd prefer our hotel budget to stay between $400-$600 for the weekend. Being that it is a holiday, I realize we are going to pay more.
I've only just begun my search for hotels/bed & breakfasts. Two in particular I found through reviews (one being from here in an old post). From the reviews they appear quite nice. However, I'm concerned about the neighborhoods bc it doesn't say much about them.
1. Inn of the Mouth in Manhattan near Central Park (which I'm looking to stay near possibly)
2. Country Inn & Suites in Long Island City. (This is the hotel review I came across in an old post here on this site). It was mentioned that this might be a more economical solution.
We are flying in to JFK more than likely on JetBlue. Found a great price. Under $400 round trip for both of us, with taxes included.
I have no idea cost wise yet what to expect. Taxi, Subway, & Bus fares... Tips on this, greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Valdez, Alaska
- 2 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 3 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 4 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 5 Discounted Rental Car?
- 6 NJ to Florida drive
- 7 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 8 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 9 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 10 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 11 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 12 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 13 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 14 Is the Clear Springs, MS recreation area closed?
- 15 Help with first time
- 16 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 17 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 18 Inexpensive family getaways
- 19 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 20 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 21 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 22 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 23 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 24 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 25 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?