I'm looking to plan a trip to NYC Thanksgiving weekend. It will be my husband and I's first time in the city. Advice on where to stay is greatly welcomed. I'd prefer our hotel budget to stay between $400-$600 for the weekend. Being that it is a holiday, I realize we are going to pay more.
I've only just begun my search for hotels/bed & breakfasts. Two in particular I found through reviews (one being from here in an old post). From the reviews they appear quite nice. However, I'm concerned about the neighborhoods bc it doesn't say much about them.
1. Inn of the Mouth in Manhattan near Central Park (which I'm looking to stay near possibly)
2. Country Inn & Suites in Long Island City. (This is the hotel review I came across in an old post here on this site). It was mentioned that this might be a more economical solution.
We are flying in to JFK more than likely on JetBlue. Found a great price. Under $400 round trip for both of us, with taxes included.
I have no idea cost wise yet what to expect. Taxi, Subway, & Bus fares... Tips on this, greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Day in Spokane
- 2 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 3 Napa valley getaway
- 4 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 5 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 6 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 7 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 8 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 9 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 10 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 11 Desert Southwest
- 12 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 13 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 14 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 15 Boston waterfront Italian
- 16 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 17 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 18 Zion and Bryce in July
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 21 First time, Best business class?
- 22 What to pack
- 23 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 24 summer vacation
- 25 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis