I'm looking to plan a trip to NYC Thanksgiving weekend. It will be my husband and I's first time in the city. Advice on where to stay is greatly welcomed. I'd prefer our hotel budget to stay between $400-$600 for the weekend. Being that it is a holiday, I realize we are going to pay more.
I've only just begun my search for hotels/bed & breakfasts. Two in particular I found through reviews (one being from here in an old post). From the reviews they appear quite nice. However, I'm concerned about the neighborhoods bc it doesn't say much about them.
1. Inn of the Mouth in Manhattan near Central Park (which I'm looking to stay near possibly)
2. Country Inn & Suites in Long Island City. (This is the hotel review I came across in an old post here on this site). It was mentioned that this might be a more economical solution.
We are flying in to JFK more than likely on JetBlue. Found a great price. Under $400 round trip for both of us, with taxes included.
I have no idea cost wise yet what to expect. Taxi, Subway, & Bus fares... Tips on this, greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 2 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 The Lighter Side Of Greenbacks Taxes
- 5 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 6 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 7 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 8 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 9 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 10 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 11 Las Vegas Vacation
- 12 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 13 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 14 Traveling Alone
- 15 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 16 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 17 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 18 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 19 Glacier National Park
- 20 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 21 Vegas with toddler twins
- 22 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 23 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 24 Arizona in late January
- 25 New Mexico in May