I'm looking to plan a trip to NYC Thanksgiving weekend. It will be my husband and I's first time in the city. Advice on where to stay is greatly welcomed. I'd prefer our hotel budget to stay between $400-$600 for the weekend. Being that it is a holiday, I realize we are going to pay more.
I've only just begun my search for hotels/bed & breakfasts. Two in particular I found through reviews (one being from here in an old post). From the reviews they appear quite nice. However, I'm concerned about the neighborhoods bc it doesn't say much about them.
1. Inn of the Mouth in Manhattan near Central Park (which I'm looking to stay near possibly)
2. Country Inn & Suites in Long Island City. (This is the hotel review I came across in an old post here on this site). It was mentioned that this might be a more economical solution.
We are flying in to JFK more than likely on JetBlue. Found a great price. Under $400 round trip for both of us, with taxes included.
I have no idea cost wise yet what to expect. Taxi, Subway, & Bus fares... Tips on this, greatly appreciated.
First NYC Trip-Hotels/Transportation Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 3 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 4 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 5 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 6 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 7 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 9 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 10 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 11 Dinner in Miami
- 12 Orlando to Savannah
- 13 Tipping advice
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 17 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 18 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 21 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 22 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 25 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches