We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
View all United States activity »
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 4 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 5 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 6 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 9 hotel near Met NYC
- 10 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 11 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 12 Princeville in January
- 13 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 14 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 15 RIP Judy Rogers
- 16 pa to az
- 17 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 18 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 19 Savanah Sojourn
- 20 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 21 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 22 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 23 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 24 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 25 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!