We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 2 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 3 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 best area to stay in san diego
- 6 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 7 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 8 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 9 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 10 Two airports to choose from?
- 11 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 layover
- 13 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 16 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 17 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 18 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 19 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 20 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 21 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 22 Road trip itinerary
- 23 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 24 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 25 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip