We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 3 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 4 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 5 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 6 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 7 American Airlines reservation question
- 8 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 9 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 10 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 11 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 12 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 13 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 14 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 15 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 16 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 17 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 18 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 19 Middlebury vt quickie
- 20 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 21 NYC
- 22 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 23 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 24 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 25 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!