We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 2 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 3 Morning in miami
- 4 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 5 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 6 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 7 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 8 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 9 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 10 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 11 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 12 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 13 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 14 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 15 Shenandoah National Park
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 18 Seattle Visit April
- 19 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 22 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 23 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January
- 24 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 25 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question