We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 2 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 3 Mesa Verde
- 4 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 5 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 6 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 7 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 8 Coastal New England Road trip
- 9 Seattle: Something Different?
- 10 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 11 Seattle Hyatts
- 12 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 13 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 14 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 15 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 16 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 17 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 18 Park City ideas
- 19 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 20 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 21 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP help
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 25 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?