We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Road Trip
- 2 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 3 Refining my California Itinerary
- 4 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 5 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 6 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 7 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 8 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 9 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 10 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 11 St. Simon, Georgia
- 12 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 13 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 14 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 Christmas in TX
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 19 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 20 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 21 Ben Landa
- 22 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 23 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 24 Tucson area flooding
- 25 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont