We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
- 1 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 2 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 3 Newport, RI Questions
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 6 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 7 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 8 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 9 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 10 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 13 Seward to Anchorage
- 14 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 15 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 16 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 17 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 18 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 19 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 20 Car trip from Seattle
- 21 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 22 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 23 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 24 Savannah restaurants
- 25 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG