We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 2 9 Day Itinerary in NOLA
- 3 Utah 2
- 4 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 5 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 6 California San Diego area lodging
- 7 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 8 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 9 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 10 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 11 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 12 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 13 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 16 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 17 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 18 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 19 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 20 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 21 Kauai Garden tours
- 22 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 23 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 24 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 25 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23