We are taking a road trip on Thursday from Chicago to Memphis. We are leaving after work, hopefully about 3 or 4pm. We would like to drive about 6 hours before stopping for the night. Problem is that our directions don't list cities, or how far they are from either city. We don't want fancy lodging, just a place to crash. Concerned that if we don't make reservations in advance, we will pay too much for lodging because we are tired. We already have reservations in Memphis. Any ideas of what we should do in Memphis? We're planning to see Graceland on Friday. On Saturday our teenage son will be joining us in Memphis. He wants to go see the Gibson or Fender guitar factory and Sun studios. Any other ideas for places to eat in Memphis, or along the route?
Driving stops between Chicago and Memphis
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 2 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 Wine Country Picnic
- 6 Washington DC Metro
- 7 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 Road trip through the south
- 10 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 11 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 12 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 13 Myrtle Beach
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 17 Getting around Las Vegas
- 18 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 19 Travel West Coast
- 20 Rafting near Denali
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 23 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 24 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving