Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
- 1 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 2 Motor House
- 3 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 4 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 5 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 6 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 7 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 8 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 9 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 10 Cape Ann area
- 11 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 12 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 13 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 14 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 15 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 16 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 17 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 18 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 19 stay near newark or nyc
- 20 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 21 Kauai golf
- 22 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 23 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 24 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 25 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?