Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 6 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 7 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 10 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 14 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 15 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 San Diego parks and attractions
- 18 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 23 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 24 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 25 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa