Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 2 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 3 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 4 Road to Hana
- 5 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 6 Rental Services
- 7 Hawaii is still Hell
- 8 Orlando parks advice
- 9 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 14 Maui - Haleakala
- 15 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 16 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 17 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 18 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 19 Vegas in mid may
- 20 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 21 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 22 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 23 Texas for art and history lovers
- 24 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 25 Toddler in California but where to go?