Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Trip Report
- 2 Washington, DC to Boston
- 3 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 6 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 7 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 8 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 9 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 12 rain in Kauai
- 13 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 16 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 17 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 18 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 19 Phoenix restaurants
- 20 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 21 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 22 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 25 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days