Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 2 tip for valet parking
- 3 New Orleans
- 4 California: Getty museum
- 5 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 6 Seattle - newby questions
- 7 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 8 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 9 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 10 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 11 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 12 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 13 NYC hotel/July
- 14 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 15 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 16 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 17 Grand Circle Road Trip with Older Parents
- 18 Restaurants Chicago June
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 21 Girlfriends getaway in San Francisco
- 22 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 23 NYC with my 13 year old
- 24 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 25 Girls' Getaway