Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Kennedy Space Center
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 5 week in US/Mexico
- 8 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 13 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 16 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Asheville NC without a car
- 24 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 25 Myrtle Beach