Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EASTER SPECIAL OFFER,MAASAI MARA,KENYA,AFRICA
- 2 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 3 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 4 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 5 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 6 California San Diego area lodging
- 7 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 8 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 12 Utah 2
- 13 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 14 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 17 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 18 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 19 Kauai Garden tours
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 22 Taking the St. Charles streetcar - looking for a stop along the way . . .
- 23 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 24 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 25 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston