Planning to drive from ME to CA and back from 12/26 - 1/12/13 with my 16 yo son. Wanting to do this on the CHEAP: sleeping in car, motel every other night, eating out of cooler, etc. Hoping to give him a view of the world and an economics lesson. Mapping out our route, probably southern given the time of year. DC is definately in the plan as is New Years Eve with family in LA. Anything else is negotiable. Ideas, tips, etc. appreciated. Thanks!
Cross country with a teen ager
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 2 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 3 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 4 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 5 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 6 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 7 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 8 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 9 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 10 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 11 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 12 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 13 best of yellowstone
- 14 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 15 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 16 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 17 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 20 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 23 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 24 San Diego with Kids
- 25 NYC Neighbourhoods