Trying to figure the best driving route from Yakima,WA to Portland,OR.(we are coming to Yakima from Mt. Ranier.) Our goals in Yakima area include a couple of wineries and then we want to drive the most scenic route from there to Portland taking in the Columbia River Gorge. Route 97 shortcuts down from Yakima to river. Then either 14 or 84 along the gorge to Portland.? One better than another? Any special things to do or see on the trip? Also looking for a nice B&B before Portland. We're first timers to the great NW. Want to see it all ! Thanks Fodor Friends, Carol
Columbia River Gorge
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 2 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 3 Boston area -- nature
- 4 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 5 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 6 Dont rent a car from Buchbinder car rental if you go Europe
- 7 New York city--best time to visit??
- 8 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 9 California & French Polynesia
- 10 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 11 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 12 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 13 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 14 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 15 General Utah planning questions
- 16 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 17 Maui Luau?
- 18 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 21 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 22 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)