Trying to figure the best driving route from Yakima,WA to Portland,OR.(we are coming to Yakima from Mt. Ranier.) Our goals in Yakima area include a couple of wineries and then we want to drive the most scenic route from there to Portland taking in the Columbia River Gorge. Route 97 shortcuts down from Yakima to river. Then either 14 or 84 along the gorge to Portland.? One better than another? Any special things to do or see on the trip? Also looking for a nice B&B before Portland. We're first timers to the great NW. Want to see it all ! Thanks Fodor Friends, Carol
Columbia River Gorge
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 2 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 4 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 5 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 6 Cell phone service in Moab
- 7 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 8 Zion the narrows
- 9 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 10 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 11 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 12 Advice on Roadtrip
- 13 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 14 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 15 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 16 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 17 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 18 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 19 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 20 Miami comfort without $$$$
- 21 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 22 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 23 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 24 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 25 Chicago to New England Road trip