Trying to figure the best driving route from Yakima,WA to Portland,OR.(we are coming to Yakima from Mt. Ranier.) Our goals in Yakima area include a couple of wineries and then we want to drive the most scenic route from there to Portland taking in the Columbia River Gorge. Route 97 shortcuts down from Yakima to river. Then either 14 or 84 along the gorge to Portland.? One better than another? Any special things to do or see on the trip? Also looking for a nice B&B before Portland. We're first timers to the great NW. Want to see it all ! Thanks Fodor Friends, Carol
Columbia River Gorge
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 6 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 7 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 9 New York City-New Things?
- 10 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 11 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 12 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 13 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 14 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 15 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 16 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 17 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 18 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 19 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 20 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 21 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 22 Kid School Admission
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 Southern Alabama trip report