Trying to figure the best driving route from Yakima,WA to Portland,OR.(we are coming to Yakima from Mt. Ranier.) Our goals in Yakima area include a couple of wineries and then we want to drive the most scenic route from there to Portland taking in the Columbia River Gorge. Route 97 shortcuts down from Yakima to river. Then either 14 or 84 along the gorge to Portland.? One better than another? Any special things to do or see on the trip? Also looking for a nice B&B before Portland. We're first timers to the great NW. Want to see it all ! Thanks Fodor Friends, Carol
Columbia River Gorge
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 2 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 3 Beach holiday with baby
- 4 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 5 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 6 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 7 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 8 Grand Marais?
- 9 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 10 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 11 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 12 Salt Lake City
- 13 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 14 First visit in New Mexico
- 15 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 16 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 17 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 18 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 19 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 20 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 21 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 22 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 23 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 24 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour