Trying to figure the best driving route from Yakima,WA to Portland,OR.(we are coming to Yakima from Mt. Ranier.) Our goals in Yakima area include a couple of wineries and then we want to drive the most scenic route from there to Portland taking in the Columbia River Gorge. Route 97 shortcuts down from Yakima to river. Then either 14 or 84 along the gorge to Portland.? One better than another? Any special things to do or see on the trip? Also looking for a nice B&B before Portland. We're first timers to the great NW. Want to see it all ! Thanks Fodor Friends, Carol
Columbia River Gorge
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California coast: April
- 2 September trip to Michigan
- 3 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 4 Road Trip
- 5 New York Yankee Station
- 6 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 7 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 10 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 11 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 12 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 16 Roads into Estes Park
- 17 Whale watching
- 18 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 21 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 22 Houston in September
- 23 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 24 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 25 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!