As an older (newly singled) lady who loves Florida, where to go for a two week Christmas/New Year vacation alone? Am on a reasonably strict budget and would be interested in self catering accommodation. Am looking at Sarasota as there is an airport locally, so I would not need to rent a car. Any suggestions? Have been looking at Gulf Beach Resort Motel on the web - anyone any opinions on same? Would like to be walking distance from the beach, but also able to walk to a restaurant in the area and feel safe and not stand out as being "lonely"!!! Any advice/opinions welcome
Christmas in Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Romantic destination in the US
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 4 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Moving out of states from Florida
- 7 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 8 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 9 family road trip
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston