As an older (newly singled) lady who loves Florida, where to go for a two week Christmas/New Year vacation alone? Am on a reasonably strict budget and would be interested in self catering accommodation. Am looking at Sarasota as there is an airport locally, so I would not need to rent a car. Any suggestions? Have been looking at Gulf Beach Resort Motel on the web - anyone any opinions on same? Would like to be walking distance from the beach, but also able to walk to a restaurant in the area and feel safe and not stand out as being "lonely"!!! Any advice/opinions welcome
Christmas in Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 2 Philly
- 3 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 4 Santa Barbara, California
- 5 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 6 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 9 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 10 culpepper
- 11 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 12 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 15 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 16 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 20 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 21 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 22 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 23 Chicago trip
- 24 NYC IN AUGUST
- 25 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014