As an older (newly singled) lady who loves Florida, where to go for a two week Christmas/New Year vacation alone? Am on a reasonably strict budget and would be interested in self catering accommodation. Am looking at Sarasota as there is an airport locally, so I would not need to rent a car. Any suggestions? Have been looking at Gulf Beach Resort Motel on the web - anyone any opinions on same? Would like to be walking distance from the beach, but also able to walk to a restaurant in the area and feel safe and not stand out as being "lonely"!!! Any advice/opinions welcome
Christmas in Florida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 2 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 3 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 4 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 5 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 6 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 7 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 8 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 9 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 10 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 11 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 12 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 13 USA Round trip 2018
- 14 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 17 Daytona Beach and ??
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 20 First visit in New Mexico
- 21 San Diego Public Transportation
- 22 Things to do around New York
- 23 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 24 Salt Lake City
- 25 Beach holiday with baby