I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.
As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY
• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
• 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
• 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late
So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography
NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 2 Must see places in Washington & Oregon
- 3 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 4 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 5 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 6 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 7 Hilton Head
- 8 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 9 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 10 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 11 First time visit to California
- 12 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 13 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 14 Southwest US
- 15 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 16 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 17 Reno GTG?
- 18 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 19 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 20 Lake Powell
- 21 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 22 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 23 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 24 Car Rental in Sedona
- 25 Las Vegas show
Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day