I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.
As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY
• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
• 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
• 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late
So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography
NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help from a true New Yorker.
- 2 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 3 Safety Concerns
- 4 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 5 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 6 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 7 Alaska independent tour for group
- 8 Washington DC with kids
- 9 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 10 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Trip to northern California
- 13 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 14 40th in Key West
- 15 Downtown Chicago
- 16 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 17 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 18 Alaska -public transport
- 19 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 20 Hamilton Broadway
- 21 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 22 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 23 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 24 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day