I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.
As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY
• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
• 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
• 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late
So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography
NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 2 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 3 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 4 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 5 California Trip
- 6 Atlanta With Toddler
- 7 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 8 Help me with this
- 9 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 10 JFK Terminal 8
- 11 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 12 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 13 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 14 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 15 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 16 AR State Parks
- 17 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 18 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 19 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 9-10 day trip to WA
- 22 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 23 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 24 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 25 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day