I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.
As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY
• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
• 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
• 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late
So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography
NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near The Rainbow Room/Rockefeller Center
- 2 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 3 Help with first time
- 4 Discounted Rental Car?
- 5 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 6 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 7 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 8 Inexpensive family getaways
- 9 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 10 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 11 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 12 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 13 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 14 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 15 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 16 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 17 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 18 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 19 Driving cross country tips
- 20 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 21 Atlanta Airport
- 22 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 23 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 24 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 25 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day