I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.
As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY
• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
• 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
• 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late
So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography
NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.
Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 charlotte
- 2 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 3 American Honeymoon in March
- 4 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 5 Boston in winter?
- 6 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 7 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 8 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 9 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 10 New York City in April
- 11 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 12 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 13 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 14 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 15 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 16 san fran sightseeing
- 17 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 18 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 19 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 20 Baytown, Texas
- 21 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 22 Moving from VA to CT
- 23 New Orleans pictures
- 24 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 25 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)