I guess I have been bitten by the California-Yosemite “Photography” bug. I was able to squeeze in another 3-4 days of my version of a “vacation” during the July 4th weekend.
As part of this, I will have around 3/4th of a day to photograph Death Valley NP, so wanted to get some help on the places I should cover on the following DAY
• 5 AM to 7 AM Sunrise Photography at the South Tufa towers, Mono Lake
• 7 AM Leave for Death Valley
• 1 AM Night Hotel reservation at Mammoth Lakes, and I can check in any time late
So I am looking at around 15 hours to reach DV NP, Photograph the place and return back to Mammoth Lakes. Please suggest some absolute “MUSTs” for Photography. I am into Landscape, Waterfalls, Milky way, Star Trail photography
NOTE : I have gone through GOOGLE Maps and have a good idea about the driving distances involved.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 2 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 3 moving to Florida
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Arizona in winter
- 6 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 7 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 8 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 9 Las Vegas Vacation
- 10 DC restaurant report
- 11 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 12 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 13 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 14 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 15 Northern California Redwoods
- 16 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 17 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 18 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 19 Neue Galerie
- 20 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 21 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 22 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 23 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 25 NYC bus tour suggestions
Best places to photograph Death Valley NP in 3/4th of a Day