My boyfriend and I are planning a skiing holiday in North Tahoe but I'm really confused about how to organise it. There seem to be "resorts", like Squaw Valley and Northstar, which refers to the actual area on which you ski; and some resorts run their own hotels and lessons (like Northstar) but you can also choose to stay in a smaller hotel (like the Mourelatos Lakeshore in Squaw Valley, for instance) - and sort out your own lessons from a different company - is that right?
What is the advantage of staying at a resort - is it the 'Village'? Is it closer to the slopes? Is it just easier because you can get everything you need at one place, like lift passes, renting equipment and booking lessons?
Basically I'm looking for a cheap-as-possible holiday where I can have some beginners' lessons and get some practise in - I'm not bothered about staying in a big hotel with lots of amenities (although perhaps I should be?) I've never skied; my boyfriend has done it twice.
All advice welcome! This is going to be a really expensive holiday so I'm trying to make sure I make the best choices, but it's proving really difficult when I have never been to a ski resort before…
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida beach vacation
- 2 Change planes in Atlanta
- 3 Key West luxury hotels
- 4 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 5 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 6 Beaches in Incline Village
- 7 Coffee in Boston?
- 8 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 9 Florida vacation
- 10 Later Winter around Mobile
- 11 a short trip to san francisco
- 12 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 13 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 14 Trip to USA in July
- 15 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 16 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 19 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 20 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 21 I95
- 22 Florida keys trip
- 23 Wine Country
- 24 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 25 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s