My boyfriend and I are planning a skiing holiday in North Tahoe but I'm really confused about how to organise it. There seem to be "resorts", like Squaw Valley and Northstar, which refers to the actual area on which you ski; and some resorts run their own hotels and lessons (like Northstar) but you can also choose to stay in a smaller hotel (like the Mourelatos Lakeshore in Squaw Valley, for instance) - and sort out your own lessons from a different company - is that right?
What is the advantage of staying at a resort - is it the 'Village'? Is it closer to the slopes? Is it just easier because you can get everything you need at one place, like lift passes, renting equipment and booking lessons?
Basically I'm looking for a cheap-as-possible holiday where I can have some beginners' lessons and get some practise in - I'm not bothered about staying in a big hotel with lots of amenities (although perhaps I should be?) I've never skied; my boyfriend has done it twice.
All advice welcome! This is going to be a really expensive holiday so I'm trying to make sure I make the best choices, but it's proving really difficult when I have never been to a ski resort before…
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 days road trip southern New England
- 2 http://cleanserenewdenmark.com/ketone-life/
- 3 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 4 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 5 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 6 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 7 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 8 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 9 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 10 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 USA family tour
- 13 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 14 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 15 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 16 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 17 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 18 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 19 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 20 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 21 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 22 Costco Travel
- 23 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 24 Philly Itinerary Help
- 25 10 days in Alaska. Help please