My boyfriend and I are planning a skiing holiday in North Tahoe but I'm really confused about how to organise it. There seem to be "resorts", like Squaw Valley and Northstar, which refers to the actual area on which you ski; and some resorts run their own hotels and lessons (like Northstar) but you can also choose to stay in a smaller hotel (like the Mourelatos Lakeshore in Squaw Valley, for instance) - and sort out your own lessons from a different company - is that right?
What is the advantage of staying at a resort - is it the 'Village'? Is it closer to the slopes? Is it just easier because you can get everything you need at one place, like lift passes, renting equipment and booking lessons?
Basically I'm looking for a cheap-as-possible holiday where I can have some beginners' lessons and get some practise in - I'm not bothered about staying in a big hotel with lots of amenities (although perhaps I should be?) I've never skied; my boyfriend has done it twice.
All advice welcome! This is going to be a really expensive holiday so I'm trying to make sure I make the best choices, but it's proving really difficult when I have never been to a ski resort before…
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 my happiness has been restored
- 2 Where to stay in NYC
- 3 Death Valley
- 4 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 5 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 6 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 7 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 8 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 9 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 10 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 11 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 12 Nashville 2016
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 15 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 16 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 17 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 18 Colorado - Photography
- 19 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 20 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 21 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 22 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 23 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 24 motorcycle ride
- 25 Hotel Monaco