My senior citizen mother is considering using the auto train from the Orlando area to Washington DC and then driving to Ohio. She normally pays between $5-600 to tranport her car. It is a 2 day drive if she does it straight, which has gotten too strenuous for her, especially alone. Has anyone ever used the Auto Train? Your advice? She does not work, so time is not a constraint. Her issue is that she would like to save a few $$. She is a 3 hour drive to Orlando from South Florida and about 7-8 hours from Washington DC to Ohio. She will be here for 4 months. Any comments, advice, alternative suggestions? Thanks!
Auto Train - FLA to Washington DC/NYC
View all United States activity »
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 3 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 4 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 5 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 6 Madison Square Garden
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 17 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 18 Biloxi questions again
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 23 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Sedona to Palm Springs