My senior citizen mother is considering using the auto train from the Orlando area to Washington DC and then driving to Ohio. She normally pays between $5-600 to tranport her car. It is a 2 day drive if she does it straight, which has gotten too strenuous for her, especially alone. Has anyone ever used the Auto Train? Your advice? She does not work, so time is not a constraint. Her issue is that she would like to save a few $$. She is a 3 hour drive to Orlando from South Florida and about 7-8 hours from Washington DC to Ohio. She will be here for 4 months. Any comments, advice, alternative suggestions? Thanks!
Auto Train - FLA to Washington DC/NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 6 Travel West Coast
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 9 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 10 Wine Country Picnic
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 13 Road trip through the south
- 14 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 17 Myrtle Beach
- 18 Colorado in the summer!
- 19 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 20 Getting around Las Vegas
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 24 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 25 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving