My husband and I spent 3 days visiting GC Ntl Park several years ago. It was a truly awesome experience! The dilemma is with an upcoming 70th BD celebration in Las Vegas in August. Our son & DIL want to treat 'Dad' to a helicopter tour of the West rim, I understand it is really not comparable in any way to the South rim...except for the helicopter ride. This is a pricey proposition for 4 people.But as our son & DIL have never been to the Cnyon at all, I hate to say no. We are now looking at one that does not land on the canyon floor where are given lunch.. I think we could pass on that. (It's with Papillon Tours).And that might be a good thing owing to temps in the canyon at that time of year. Big question here...if we book...what would be the best time to go in terms of light on the canyon.I remember late evening and early morning worked best for pictures on the South rim. Any thoughts or recommendations on ANYTHING here would be appreciated.Thanks
Another Grand Canyon by Helicopter question
View all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 4 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 5 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 6 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 9 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 10 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 11 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 12 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 13 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 16 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 19 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 22 St. Augustine, Florida
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 25 hotel near Met NYC