My husband and I spent 3 days visiting GC Ntl Park several years ago. It was a truly awesome experience! The dilemma is with an upcoming 70th BD celebration in Las Vegas in August. Our son & DIL want to treat 'Dad' to a helicopter tour of the West rim, I understand it is really not comparable in any way to the South rim...except for the helicopter ride. This is a pricey proposition for 4 people.But as our son & DIL have never been to the Cnyon at all, I hate to say no. We are now looking at one that does not land on the canyon floor where are given lunch.. I think we could pass on that. (It's with Papillon Tours).And that might be a good thing owing to temps in the canyon at that time of year. Big question here...if we book...what would be the best time to go in terms of light on the canyon.I remember late evening and early morning worked best for pictures on the South rim. Any thoughts or recommendations on ANYTHING here would be appreciated.Thanks
Another Grand Canyon by Helicopter question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rain in Kauai
- 2 Where to go in Maine?
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint