My husband and I spent 3 days visiting GC Ntl Park several years ago. It was a truly awesome experience! The dilemma is with an upcoming 70th BD celebration in Las Vegas in August. Our son & DIL want to treat 'Dad' to a helicopter tour of the West rim, I understand it is really not comparable in any way to the South rim...except for the helicopter ride. This is a pricey proposition for 4 people.But as our son & DIL have never been to the Cnyon at all, I hate to say no. We are now looking at one that does not land on the canyon floor where are given lunch.. I think we could pass on that. (It's with Papillon Tours).And that might be a good thing owing to temps in the canyon at that time of year. Big question here...if we book...what would be the best time to go in terms of light on the canyon.I remember late evening and early morning worked best for pictures on the South rim. Any thoughts or recommendations on ANYTHING here would be appreciated.Thanks
Another Grand Canyon by Helicopter question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 7 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 8 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 9 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 10 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 11 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?