My husband and I spent 3 days visiting GC Ntl Park several years ago. It was a truly awesome experience! The dilemma is with an upcoming 70th BD celebration in Las Vegas in August. Our son & DIL want to treat 'Dad' to a helicopter tour of the West rim, I understand it is really not comparable in any way to the South rim...except for the helicopter ride. This is a pricey proposition for 4 people.But as our son & DIL have never been to the Cnyon at all, I hate to say no. We are now looking at one that does not land on the canyon floor where are given lunch.. I think we could pass on that. (It's with Papillon Tours).And that might be a good thing owing to temps in the canyon at that time of year. Big question here...if we book...what would be the best time to go in terms of light on the canyon.I remember late evening and early morning worked best for pictures on the South rim. Any thoughts or recommendations on ANYTHING here would be appreciated.Thanks
Another Grand Canyon by Helicopter question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 2 Must Eats
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 5 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 6 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 9 Florida St George's Island
- 10 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 11 Union Square area restaurant
- 12 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 15 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 16 Breckenridge in October
- 17 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 20 New York Food Tours
- 21 Richmond highlights?
- 22 Washington DC in Spring?
- 23 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 24 Arches National Park in a day
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!