My husband and I spent 3 days visiting GC Ntl Park several years ago. It was a truly awesome experience! The dilemma is with an upcoming 70th BD celebration in Las Vegas in August. Our son & DIL want to treat 'Dad' to a helicopter tour of the West rim, I understand it is really not comparable in any way to the South rim...except for the helicopter ride. This is a pricey proposition for 4 people.But as our son & DIL have never been to the Cnyon at all, I hate to say no. We are now looking at one that does not land on the canyon floor where are given lunch.. I think we could pass on that. (It's with Papillon Tours).And that might be a good thing owing to temps in the canyon at that time of year. Big question here...if we book...what would be the best time to go in terms of light on the canyon.I remember late evening and early morning worked best for pictures on the South rim. Any thoughts or recommendations on ANYTHING here would be appreciated.Thanks
Another Grand Canyon by Helicopter question
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 2 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 3 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 4 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 5 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 6 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 7 Tudor city -special help/info
- 8 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 9 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 10 Utah 2
- 11 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 12 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 13 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 14 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 15 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 16 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 17 must see and do's in Maui?
- 18 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 19 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 20 New York City - apartment locations
- 21 Boston to see Sargent works
- 22 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 23 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 24 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 25 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles