So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 4 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 5 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 6 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 7 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 8 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 9 4 weeks in Chile
- 10 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 11 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 12 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 13 Para Ti, Brazil
- 14 Advice needed for Colombia
- 15 Chile and Argentina
- 16 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 17 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 20 El valle de Elquí
- 21 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 22 Columbia Questions
- 23 Bogota
- 24 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 25 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?