So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 4 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 5 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 6 Bariloche car rental
- 7 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 8 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 9 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 Machu Picchu in January
- 11 Dining in Medellin
- 12 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 13 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 14 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 17 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 18 santiago chile area
- 19 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 20 Reflections on our South America trip
- 21 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 22 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 23 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 24 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 25 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather