So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Finding a group to hike with
- 2 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 3 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 4 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 5 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 6 Chilean Travel Agent Suggestions Needed
- 7 Galapagus July
- 8 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 9 The Atacama Desert
- 10 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 11 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 12 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 13 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 14 Pisco sours
- 15 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 16 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 20 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 21 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 22 Huacachina, Peru
- 23 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 24 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 25 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?