So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 2 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 3 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 4 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 5 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 6 WWYD-time in Lima
- 7 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 8 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 9 Argentina Holiday Help
- 10 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 11 argentina & brazil
- 12 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 13 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 14 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 15 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 16 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 17 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 18 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 19 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 20 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 2 wks in Colombia
- 23 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 24 Buenos Aries
- 25 Tour guide for Machu Picchu