So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 2 Ten Days in Chile - TdP and Atacama
- 3 Booking Galapagos accommodation upon arrival in the high season
- 4 Drawing money at ATMs in Brazil
- 5 Travel Agency in Peru - Deborah Ferrari
- 6 Best Galapagos cruise itinerary when combining with land trips
- 7 Train to Aguas Calientes
- 8 help with a trip to south america
- 9 Restaurant ideas in Lima for my birthday
- 10 Mistura - anyone been?
- 11 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 12 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 13 Yohan, Why Not Suriname
- 14 Jungle Lodge Brazil
- 15 Tickets to enter Machu Picchu
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Other cities to visit in Brazil other than RIO
- 18 Trip to the Amazon!
- 19 3 nights in Arequipa: music, baby alpaca, restaurant suggestions?
- 20 Peruvian Independence Day
- 21 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 22 Globo hours to change money
- 23 Traveling south america, help
- 24 Birding in Mindo
- 25 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area