So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 2 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 3 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 4 Expat meet up.
- 5 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 6 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 7 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 8 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 9 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 10 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 11 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 12 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 13 Sixty days in Colombia
- 14 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 15 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 16 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 17 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 18 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 19 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 20 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 21 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 22 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 23 summer olympics in Rio
- 24 2 Weeks in Rio in Nov End
- 25 Trip ideas for 2 weeks in South America??