So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 driving to salvador
- 2 Glover escapes cold again and returns to Colombia and Mexico
- 3 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 4 1 day in Rio
- 5 Peru itinerary in March.. Comments needed please
- 6 Peru in 7 (full) days: Cuzco, Puno, Arequipa
- 7 Currency Woes
- 8 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 9 Argentina (and Chile?): basic itinerary
- 10 Just a week!
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 MP, SV and Cusco in July - itinerary questions
- 13 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 14 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 15 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 16 Quito trip
- 17 Hiring a driver in the Sacred Valley.....suggestions please
- 18 2 "free days" in Lake District
- 19 Peru advice, and are there any monkeys?
- 20 Chile - Casablanca region vineyard tours. Any recommendations?
- 21 Solo female travelling around South America
- 22 Bariloche car rental
- 23 A Camera Question for the Photogs Out There
- 24 Galapagos Islands
- 25 Trip to Argentina - Help with Patagonia needed!