So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Is it worth the Brazil visa to see the Falls?
- 2 help to plan a budget trip in south america
- 3 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 4 Rio de Janeiro in March
- 5 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 6 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 7 Southward Ho! Adventures in Chile & ARG
- 8 Argentina in October--more questions
- 9 Our new government to promote foreign tourism
- 10 South America this October
- 11 Chile or Argentina?
- 12 11 hours in Lima
- 13 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 14 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 15 Villa de Leyva - a week too much and other questions..
- 16 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 17 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 18 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 19 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 20 Peru in December
- 21 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 22 Tarapoto
- 23 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 24 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 25 A brief encounter with Ecuador