So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 2 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 3 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 4 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 5 Easter Day in Rio
- 6 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 7 Patagonia tour
- 8 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 9 Patagonia tour in April
- 10 Patagonia tour
- 11 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 12 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 13 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 14 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 15 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 16 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 17 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 18 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 19 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 20 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 21 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 22 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 23 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 24 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 25 Help with Patagonia planning