So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru, help cutting costs
- 2 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 3 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 4 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 5 Solo female travelling around South America
- 6 Peruvian Amazon
- 7 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 8 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 9 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 10 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 11 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 12 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 13 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 14 Columbia Local Beer
- 15 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 16 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 17 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 18 10 days in Argentina
- 19 february/march- where to go?
- 20 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 21 driving to salvador
- 22 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 23 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 24 cartagena , columbia
- 25 Peru Itinerary Help