So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 2 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 3 Mendoza
- 4 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 5 Pet friendly housing in Cusco, Peru
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 8 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 9 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 10 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 11 Pantanal on your own
- 12 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 13 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 14 Ecuador - should we go?
- 15 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 16 Santiago 2 days
- 17 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 18 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 19 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 20 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 21 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 22 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 23 Lodge in Pantanal
- 24 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 25 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??