So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima to Foz
- 2 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 5 Car rental in Patagonia
- 6 Itinerary Feedback
- 7 Chile Private Tour
- 8 Language study in Brazil
- 9 Columbia Questions
- 10 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 11 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 14 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 15 Chile - IVA Tax
- 16 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 17 Trip Report
- 18 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 21 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 22 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 23 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 24 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 25 1st South American adventure