So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 2 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 3 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 4 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 5 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 6 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 7 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 8 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 9 60 day Trip to South America
- 10 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 11 Cities near santiago chile?
- 12 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 13 Buenos Aires
- 14 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 15 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 16 Hotels in Argentina
- 17 Two day stay in Lima
- 18 Patagonia August 29 - September 7
- 19 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 20 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 21 Need itinerary advice for one month trip
- 22 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 23 Peru itinerary
- 24 Questions On Packing For Patagonia
- 25 Need Help in Planning JuneItinerary for South Ameirca