So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Horseback riding Peru Cusco - Machu Picchu Ranch El Chalan - Urubamba
- 2 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 3 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 4 Is 8 days too much time in Buenos Aires
- 5 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 6 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 7 HELP-- Argentina in March
- 8 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 9 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 10 Galapagos Add Ons
- 11 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 12 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 13 Trip Report Ecuador
- 14 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 15 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 16 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 17 Day trips from Montevideo
- 18 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 19 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 20 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 21 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 22 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 23 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 24 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 25 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report