So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Amazon, OIlantaytambo, Colca Canyon, Pacasmay and About
- 2 Uruguay for wildlife
- 3 Elevation acclimatization, transportation, and lodging help!?
- 4 Car and Driver in Rio De Janeiro
- 5 Destination Recommendation (w/ specifics)
- 6 Wha to expect from Cartagena, Colombia.
- 7 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 8 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 9 El Calafate excursions
- 10 Ecuador earthquake
- 11 Peru & Ecuador
- 12 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 13 Our 2016 South America Trip
- 14 Peru - Chinchero questions
- 15 Mendoza airport will be closed: Sept- Dec
- 16 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 17 Stray Dogs?
- 18 Salkantay trek
- 19 Iquitos vs Manu Peru Amazon
- 20 Visiting Alagoas or Boipeba
- 21 Need suggestions about 7 days Cusco itinerary
- 22 Enrico Poli Collection
- 23 Request for Galapagos Itinerary Assistance
- 24 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 25 10 Week South America Trip