So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 2 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 3 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 4 Santiago 2 days
- 5 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 6 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 7 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 8 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 9 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 10 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 11 Lodge in Pantanal
- 12 Pantanal on your own
- 13 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 14 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 15 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 16 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 17 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 18 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 19 Cell phone in Brazil
- 20 10 Full Days in Peru
- 21 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 22 10 day itinerary questions
- 23 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 24 Please comment on this 8 week itinerary (Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru)!
- 25 Iguazu Falls for a single woman?