So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report
- 2 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 3 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 4 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 5 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 6 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 7 1st South American adventure
- 8 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 9 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 10 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 11 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 12 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 13 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?
- 14 For Neoptropical Birders
- 15 Columbia Questions
- 16 Posadas-Paraguay-Brazil-Iguassu: Please, Help Find the Tour Operator
- 17 hotels in Buenos Aires
- 18 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 19 Ecuador Rain Forest with Pre-teens
- 20 Any suggestions for restaurants in Manaus?
- 21 Help with One Week, Christmas, Buenos Aires, solo female traveler
- 22 flights and hotels
- 23 Driver, Mendoza
- 24 Recommendations on where to buy an alpaca coat/jacket in Cusco?
- 25 amazon jungle trips