So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 2 Trip Report: Bogota
- 3 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 4 Colchagua Valey
- 5 Rio to Paraguay and Iguazu Falls advice needed
- 6 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 7 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 8 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 9 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 10 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 11 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 13 Pantanal tour prices
- 14 Safety in Rio?
- 15 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 16 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 17 Argentina Trip report
- 18 My Lima Layover
- 19 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 20 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 21 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 22 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 23 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 24 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands