So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 2 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 5 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 6 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 7 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 8 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 9 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 10 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 11 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 12 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 13 Private sightseeing
- 14 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 15 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 16 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 17 argentina & brazil
- 18 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 19 private sightseeing
- 20 private tour options
- 21 Currency Woes
- 22 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 23 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 24 Argentina Holiday Help
- 25 Santos Simon Joalheiros BEWARE JEWELRY FRAUD SCAM