So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Inca Trail Report: 5 day version with Wayki Trek
- 2 South America this October
- 3 Iguazu Falls - 4 star hotel near the airport?
- 4 Itinerary Help Brazil 10 days
- 5 Fun adventure ...with 6 yr old
- 6 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 7 Layover in Lima
- 8 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 9 2 Weeks in Armenia, Colombia/July
- 10 San Salvador Layover
- 11 Colca/Arequipa/Puno - organized tour (bus) or something less crowded?
- 12 Wine Tours in Chile and Argentina -
- 13 Chile & Argentina wine trips
- 14 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 15 Huaraz to Trujillo, Chiclayo and Piura
- 16 Santiago & Valparaiso - Help with Planning
- 17 Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?
- 18 2 weeks in Peru/Chile
- 19 Ecuador Trip Plan: What did we get right and wrong?
- 20 Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela
- 21 Santiago, Chile
- 22 limited time in Cusco
- 23 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Visiting Ollantataymbo from Cusco