So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 2 Rainbow mountain trek
- 3 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 4 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 5 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 6 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 7 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 8 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 9 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 10 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 11 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 12 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 13 Iquitos
- 14 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 15 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 16 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 21 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 25 Bariloche car rental