So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Torres del Paine W Trek... Mid June or Late August???
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 4 2 wks in Colombia
- 5 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 6 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 7 iguaza falls
- 8 Argentina Holiday Help
- 9 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 10 Buenos Aries
- 11 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 12 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 13 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 14 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 15 cheap flights to paraguay
- 16 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 17 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 18 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 19 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 20 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 21 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 22 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety
- 23 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 24 Peru - best way to handle money? Bring a lot of cash for exchange or ATMs?
- 25 Low Altitude airports in Bolivia