So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help Planning Atacama for Next Week!
- 2 Amy Peru and Chile! (A possibly over enthusiastic trip report)
- 3 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 4 Bolivia & Argentina itinerary help
- 5 6 Weeks - Argentina and/or Peru/Colombia? too much in this time?
- 6 Ship travel to South America
- 7 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- 8 Trelew to Peninsula Valdes
- 9 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 10 Need some help with ideas for Argentina and Chile in 2017 please!
- 11 Solo travellers in Chile
- 12 Living in rural South America
- 13 Where to eat in Quito and Cuzco?
- 14 Manufacturer of alpaca clothes!
- 15 Other forums for Buenos Aires
- 16 galapagos island
- 17 Huayna Picchu ticket
- 18 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 19 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 20 Is Buenos Aires cold in September
- 21 Colombia - Cycle holiday for 1 month
- 22 Mendoza in September or where else should we go?
- 23 One Day in Lima
- 24 Seaweed Ambergis Caye
- 25 Medellin places to stay