So I've committed to doing the W trek in Torres del Paine on my upcoming trip to South America. I'm from Canada and have winter trekking experience.
However, I'm not sure if I should start with the trek in mid June at the beginning of my trip or if I should do it at the end of my trip in mid August. Does anyone know which time of year would have preferable weather?
Also, would camping supplies stores in Puerto Natales be open at this time of year? I wouldn't mind renting some of the equipment so that I don't have to lug it around with me afterwards.
This is one of my wildest dreams so any information is extremely appreciated! The more info the better.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 2 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 3 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 4 Choquequirao Questions
- 5 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 6 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 7 MARCHU PICCHU
- 8 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 9 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 10 One week in Cartagena?
- 11 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 12 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 13 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 14 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 15 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 16 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 17 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 18 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!
- 19 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 20 Iquitos Peru and rain forest
- 21 Help w 2nd Guessing Peru itinerary
- 22 Senior Citizens traveling to Machu Picchu
- 23 2 week Peru trip itinerary - Appreciate feedback
- 24 Rainbow mountain trek
- 25 Advice about Inti Raymi in Ecuador this year