I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
South America Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Walking The Streets Of Buenos Aires
- 2 Solo female travelling around South America
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 5 Family friendly accommodation Iquitos
- 6 Best small group walking/hiking tours
- 7 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 8 Buquebus question for AVRooster
- 9 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 10 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 11 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 12 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 13 Quito: Old city or new?
- 14 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 15 Bogota
- 16 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 17 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 18 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 19 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 20 4 weeks in Chile
- 21 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 23 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 24 Para Ti, Brazil
- 25 Advice needed for Colombia