I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help with hotel in Lima asap
- 2 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 3 Peruvian Amazon
- 4 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area
- 5 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 6 Cheap flights from Southern/Cetral Europe to Brazil
- 7 Safety in Rio?
- 8 Galapagos - Anyone book through Safari Tours??
- 9 Peru, help cutting costs
- 10 Peru Itinerary Help
- 11 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 12 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 13 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 14 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 15 Beach from Cartagena
- 16 Solo female travelling around South America
- 17 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 18 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 19 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 20 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 21 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 22 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 23 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 24 Columbia Local Beer
- 25 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile