I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 HALF BANDI: HP PRINTER CONTACT 1855/999+8O45 hp 24*7
- 2 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 3 Buenos Aires, Patagonia hike, Uraguay beach and Iguazu idea feedback needed
- 4 Half Bandi: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 YAHOO
- 5 Argentinian Honeymoon
- 6 Galapagus July
- 7 Machu Picchu changes its entry schedule
- 8 The Atacama Desert
- 9 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 10 AirB&B in Buenos Airies
- 11 Finding a group to hike with
- 12 2 day Inca Trek and a fear of exposure/heights
- 13 1 day for Iguazu Falls (I know, but that's all she has)
- 14 Pisco sours
- 15 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 16 Last min cruise to the Galapagos
- 17 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 18 Soles in Lima,Peru
- 19 Baños & Alausí (Paillon & Nariz del Diablo)!
- 20 Help needed with itinerary for Argentina and Chile
- 21 2 Weeks in Cusco Itinerary
- 22 Huacachina, Peru
- 23 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 24 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 25 Anyone familiar with Sky Airlines?