I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 2 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 3 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 4 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 5 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 6 Sixty days in Colombia
- 7 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 8 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 9 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 10 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 11 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 12 Choquequirao Questions
- 13 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 14 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 15 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 16 Cajamarca
- 17 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 18 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 19 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 20 Patagonia - Equipment
- 21 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 22 Chile or Argentina?
- 23 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 24 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 25 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?