I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
South America Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 2 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 3 Brazilian music
- 4 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 5 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 6 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 7 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 8 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 9 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 10 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 13 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 14 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 15 Private sightseeing
- 16 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 17 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 18 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 19 argentina & brazil
- 20 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 21 private sightseeing
- 22 private tour options
- 23 Currency Woes
- 24 Trek/Tour companies recommendations
- 25 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS