I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 http://cleanserenewdenmark.com/xxl-muscle-growth-accelerator/
- 2 South American city for 2 female travelers to visit mid June?
- 3 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 4 Pereu Floodingf
- 5 Machu Picchu train - luggage limits?
- 6 Cruz del Sur bus - Lima to Paracas
- 7 One week in Cartagena?
- 8 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 9 Lunahuana
- 10 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 11 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 12 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 13 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 14 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 15 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 16 Choquequirao Questions
- 17 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 18 MARCHU PICCHU
- 19 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 20 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 21 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 22 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 25 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience