I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 2 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 3 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 4 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 5 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 6 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 7 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 8 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 9 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 10 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 11 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 12 Iquitos
- 13 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 14 Rainbow mountain trek
- 15 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 16 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 17 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 21 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 22 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 23 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 24 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio
- 25 Bariloche car rental