I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile, Ecuadoror Columbia
- 2 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 3 Trip Report Ecuador
- 4 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 5 Brief Notes on a February in Ecuador
- 6 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 7 Trip Report..Bolivia (Titikaka, La Paz, Uyuni, Potosi, Sucre) Nov. 2011
- 8 Day trips from Montevideo
- 9 H Stern Jewelers, Brazil
- 10 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 11 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 12 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 13 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 14 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 15 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 16 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 17 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 18 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 19 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 21 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 22 Atacama and ????
- 23 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 24 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 25 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time