I'm planning a trip to South America for later this year, sometime towards the end of August and was hoping to get some insight/comments on visiting the continent. I've only recently started doing research, but for now, what I'd like to do is spend 3-5 weeks travelling around, and my plan right now is to start with the north in Colombia (Cartagena), then Medellin. From there, down to Ecuador (Quito, and the Galapagos Islands). Then Peru (Lima), Chile (Santiago), and finally Argentina (Buenos Aires, and Calafate).
I realise that 3 weeks for all this is (probably?) next to impossible, but I was hoping to get some advice and thoughts from people who have experience travelling around South America. Could this actually be done in 3 weeks? Even if it were 4 weeks, is it still unrealistic, or is it doable?
It may end up being that I only have 3 weeks, so if it is, are there some places that can be cut out, or possibly more worth visiting than others?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 No exit stamp for Argentina - problem?
- 2 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 3 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 4 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 5 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 6 Making the most of Montevideo
- 7 Peru transport questioins
- 8 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 9 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 10 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 11 Insect repellent recommendations
- 12 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 13 Places to eat like a local
- 14 Galapagos
- 15 Chile Trekking options
- 16 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster
- 17 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 18 Taxi Ezeiza - BEWARE!
- 19 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 20 Fifteenth
- 21 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 22 Patagonia w/out Guide
- 23 Suggestions for Antarctica/Patagonia Tour Operator
- 24 LAN Stopover in Lima
- 25 Sixty days in Colombia