Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentinians in Punta Del Este!!
- 2 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Still Planning But Getting Close!
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 7 WWYD-time in Lima
- 8 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 9 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 10 Argentina Holiday Help
- 11 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 12 argentina & brazil
- 13 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 14 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 15 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 16 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 17 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 18 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 19 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 20 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 21 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 22 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 23 2 wks in Colombia
- 24 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 25 Buenos Aries