Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Galapogos by Land or by Sea?
- 2 More Help With Retirement Trip
- 3 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 4 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 5 JW Marriott Lima
- 6 Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Any recommendations for guide at Iguazu?
- 8 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 9 Quito recommendations
- 10 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 11 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 12 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 13 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 14 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 15 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 16 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 19 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 20 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 21 Ecuador-tour guides
- 22 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 23 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 24 lima airport transport
- 25 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback