Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 2 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 7 2 wks in Colombia
- 8 Dentist in Buenos Aires
- 9 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 10 iguaza falls
- 11 Argentina Holiday Help
- 12 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 13 Buenos Aries
- 14 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 15 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 16 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 17 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 18 cheap flights to paraguay
- 19 Lake Titicaca and Puno - advice on itinerary and altitude sickness?
- 20 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 21 CHILE, please help me in planning our trip.....
- 22 I SURVIVED PERU (subtitle: yes, it's safe for a solo female traveler)
- 23 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 24 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 25 Transport in and around Peru (buses/taxis) - safety