Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 2 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 3 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 6 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 7 Three weeks in South America
- 8 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 9 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 10 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 11 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 12 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 13 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 14 Easter Day in Rio
- 15 Argentina Trip report
- 16 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 17 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 18 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 19 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 20 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 21 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 22 Patagonia tour
- 23 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 24 Patagonia tour in April
- 25 Patagonia tour