Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Columbia Questions
- 2 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 3 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 4 Argentina Holiday Help
- 5 Language study in Brazil
- 6 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 7 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 8 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 9 Chile - IVA Tax
- 10 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 11 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 12 Trip Report
- 13 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 14 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 17 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 18 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 19 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 20 1st South American adventure
- 21 Short trip to Chile during New Year?
- 22 Puerto Varas / Puerto Montt - Rent a car or ...
- 23 Sending good wishes to Kathie and Cheryl
- 24 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 25 Has anyone used Alasperuanas in Pisco?