Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 5 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 6 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 7 transportation in Brazil
- 8 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 9 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 10 Patagonia Chile
- 11 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 12 Easter Island flight delays?
- 13 argentina & brazil
- 14 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 15 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 16 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 17 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 18 Brazilian music
- 19 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 20 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 21 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 22 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 23 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 24 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 25 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?