Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 2 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 3 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 4 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 5 Pantanal on your own
- 6 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 7 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 8 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 11 Santiago 2 days
- 12 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 13 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 14 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 15 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 16 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 17 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 18 Lodge in Pantanal
- 19 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 20 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 21 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 22 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 23 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 24 Cell phone in Brazil
- 25 10 Full Days in Peru