Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Which airline to fly to Cusco?
- 2 Trip Report - Very Long
- 3 JW Marriott Lima
- 4 Sisters trip to Argentina and Chile
- 5 Yellow Fever Vaccination Clinic in Salta?
- 6 My Trip to the Galapagos
- 7 Able to buy Machu Picchu tickets online today!
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 10 AEP to Recoleta - Taxi/Bus/Car Service
- 11 Cell phone in Brazil?
- 12 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 13 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 14 Ecuador weekend beach trip - is it possible?
- 15 Quito recommendations
- 16 Salta itinerary- 4 nights
- 17 Ecuador-tour guides
- 18 Rio, Iguassu Falls and Buenos Aires
- 19 Lima or Ollantaytambo for Spanish Lessons
- 20 lima airport transport
- 21 Bird Poop Scam Making a Comeback
- 22 Father Daughter Trip to Peru
- 23 Bariloche to Puerto Varas Drive: Stops to Make?
- 24 Argentina currency
- 25 Traveling to Peru for two weeks... Itinerary suggestions needed!!