Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 2 Birding in Mindo
- 3 Staying Safe in Buenos Aires
- 4 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 5 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 6 Help
- 7 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 8 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 9 Easter Day in Rio
- 10 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 11 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 12 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 13 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 14 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 15 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 16 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 17 Three weeks in South America
- 18 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 19 Patagonia tour in April
- 20 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 21 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 22 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 23 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 24 Off the beaten track
- 25 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine