Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 2 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 3 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 4 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 5 Fire in Valparaiso
- 6 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 7 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 8 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 9 Ecuador - should we go?
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu