Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
View all South America activity »
- 1 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 2 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 3 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 4 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 5 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 6 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 7 8 Days in Brazil
- 8 Peru Hop?
- 9 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 10 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 11 Uruguay Re-Do
- 12 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 13 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 14 More suggested reading
- 15 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 16 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Bariloche over XMas
- 19 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 20 Traveling with a Computer?
- 21 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 22 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!
- 23 18 Day Argentina Itinerary
- 24 Rent a car and travel through Patagonia? Join us!
- 25 Reflections on our South America trip