Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 2 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 3 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 4 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 5 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 6 4 weeks in Chile
- 7 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 8 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 9 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 10 Para Ti, Brazil
- 11 Advice needed for Colombia
- 12 Chile and Argentina
- 13 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 14 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 15 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 16 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 17 El valle de Elquí
- 18 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 19 Columbia Questions
- 20 Bogota
- 21 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 22 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 23 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 24 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 25 Galapagos in 5 days