Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 TDP in August
- 2 Amazon Cruise
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 3 Full Days in Iguazu?
- 5 Trip with my boyfriend to the Brazilian city of São Paulo!
- 6 Brazil for Carnival
- 7 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 8 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 9 Last 2 weeks
- 10 10 nights in Argentina
- 11 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 12 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 13 Sobering Film
- 14 Travel to Peru with my 5 best friends!
- 15 Estancias Outside Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 16 Peru- making up a small 50+ group
- 17 Machu Picchu First?
- 18 Rosh Hashanah
- 19 Galapagos.. questions about cruises, seasons, Quito hotels
- 20 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 21 Rio, Ouro Preto and Inhotim trip report
- 22 Lakes District: Where to Base for 10 days
- 23 Patagonia trip decisions
- 24 Is it safe to backpack in venezuela?
- 25 VENEZUELA : avoid POSADA La CASITA and GEKKO TOurs in Ciudad Bolivar