Hi there. My friend and I are planning to travel through South America in December. We are looking into getting an airpass as they have been said to be cheaper than booking individual flights. I'm just looking to hear of any firsthand experiences with these passes. How do they work exactly? The website isn't very clear and there aren't too many forums on them. I know they have to be purchased in our home country but once in South America, can we book our flights as we go? We will have some type of plan but we also want to have wiggle room if we want to stay in certain countries longer than others. Or is this something that needs to be completely planned out? Thanks!
south america airpass
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ten days in Ecuador
- 2 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 5 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 6 NW of Argentina
- 7 Peru versus Bolivia
- 8 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 9 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 10 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 11 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 12 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 13 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 14 Flight to El Calafate for one day
- 15 Peru in December
- 16 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 17 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 18 NYT Article on Cartagena
- 19 Can the Bolivia experts please check this itinerary?
- 20 Santiago, Mendoza, and Need Suggestions!
- 21 Lone Male - Puerto Rico, Havana or Costa Rica???
- 22 Low Altitude airports in Bolivia
- 23 Ipad Hackers in Peru?
- 24 Getting from Punta Arenas, Chile, to Ushuaia, Argentina
- 25 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest