Search

Inexpensive Flights WITHIN Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inexpensive Flights WITHIN Brazil

Hi everyone.

I've been trying to book inexpensive air travel within Brazil. So far, I've been finding the fares to be extremely expensive. Anyone have any suggestions on purchasing tickets for domestic travel in Brazil before arriving from the US? I'd prefer to purchase them on-line for convenience purposes rather than dealing with a travel agent.

Thanks in advance.

Ross
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM

I don't know what your definition of inexpensive is, but last time I was in Brazil, we flew TAM between cities. They were fairly reasonable.. You can also try Varig or Gol. Not sure what languages you speak, but it might be easier to have the Travel agent book the flights....
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 04:12 PM

We just returned from Brazil and booked our flights on GOL, on line before we left the States. The fares were good, about $100 per flight. Also, check TAM as mentioned.
Tengo
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi Everyone.

I've tried searching for fares on TAM and GOL before and after posting my first message regarding inexpensive domestic air travel in Brazil. I'm still coming up with flights ranging from $250US - $300US each way. Perhaps this is due to the weakness of the US dollar vs. the Brazilian Real. Any other ideas or suggestions, please?

I appreciate your help.

Ross
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 02:49 AM

hi, the real is gainig against the dollar every day, so yes it's expensive down here, the dollar has gone down from 4-1 5 years ago to 1.7 to 1 now !!!! Not good at all. it sounds like you need to get an airpass with tam , does 5 internal flights and even in you only use 4 it should be worth it. hope this helps. Dont forget distances are huge! where you travelling to, from?
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 03:57 AM

It more likely has to do with the dates you are traveling. Maybe it is a holiday week/weekend in Brazil. If you haven't already bought your int'l flight, you may be able to save money by adding the domestic flights onto your int'l ticket, especially if you fly TAM.

Alternatively, try calling bacc.com travel. They also have a good website. They are located in Little Brazil, in midtown NYC and they are very good and well known.
Good luck.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 04:00 AM

I didn't see Gyp's post before I responded. She is absolutely correct on the Dollar to Real situation. We've traveled to Brazil for the past few years and every year the exchange rate has worsened, considerably. I believe in the past year the Real is one of the world's currencies which has appreciated most against the dollar. Still, once you get to Brazil, things are less expensive than in the US and much less than Europe.
Have fun.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 04:19 AM

Ok, one more time:
Make that bacctravel.com

good luck.