I've posted a couple of times as my fiance and I prepare for our trip to Peru. I haven't been out of the country much and its my fiance's first international trip (we are SOO excited!).
We are getting ready to fly out Wednesday and the last minute excitement, nervousness and preparation has begun! I wanted to see if any of you had recommendations or tips on packing. Is there anything you would suggest we defintiely have with us (I'm thinking of things to include in a first aid kit or other easily overlooked items)?
We will be in Lima, Cusco, Arequipa and MP.
A couple other last minute questions-
- It was recommended that we get A LOT of vaccinations and medications (malaria, typhoid fever, yellow fever, hep. A, etc.). I feel like some may be a little unnecessary. Any tips of important vaccinations?
- What is the best way to handle money? Should we mainly bring and deal in cash or is using a card better? Also in your experience, is it best to convert money at banks, or get it out of ATM's?
Any help or advice on any or all of these questions is much appreciated.
Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Local Tour Guide Uruguay-Brasil-Chile-Argentina
- 2 Craft Travel Group formerly Brazil Nuts Reviews
- 3 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 4 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 5 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 6 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 7 Avianca business class
- 8 Planning Argentina Trip
- 9 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 10 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 11 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 12 Feria de las flores
- 13 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 14 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 15 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 16 comments
- 17 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 18 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 19 Huacachina, Peru
- 20 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 21 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 22 Pantanal Lodges
- 23 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 24 Manaus
- 25 Renting a car in Patagonia