I've posted a couple of times as my fiance and I prepare for our trip to Peru. I haven't been out of the country much and its my fiance's first international trip (we are SOO excited!).
We are getting ready to fly out Wednesday and the last minute excitement, nervousness and preparation has begun! I wanted to see if any of you had recommendations or tips on packing. Is there anything you would suggest we defintiely have with us (I'm thinking of things to include in a first aid kit or other easily overlooked items)?
We will be in Lima, Cusco, Arequipa and MP.
A couple other last minute questions-
- It was recommended that we get A LOT of vaccinations and medications (malaria, typhoid fever, yellow fever, hep. A, etc.). I feel like some may be a little unnecessary. Any tips of important vaccinations?
- What is the best way to handle money? Should we mainly bring and deal in cash or is using a card better? Also in your experience, is it best to convert money at banks, or get it out of ATM's?
Any help or advice on any or all of these questions is much appreciated.
Thanks so much!!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Need help with hotel in Lima asap
- 2 Cartagena - lodging help needed for city and beach area
- 3 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Cheap flights from Southern/Cetral Europe to Brazil
- 6 Safety in Rio?
- 7 Galapagos - Anyone book through Safari Tours??
- 8 Peru, help cutting costs
- 9 Peru Itinerary Help
- 10 Chile/Bolivia Itinerary Help
- 11 Macchu pichu by train and trek
- 12 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 13 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 14 Beach from Cartagena
- 15 Solo female travelling around South America
- 16 Peruvian Amazon
- 17 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 18 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 19 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 20 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 21 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 22 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 23 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 24 Columbia Local Beer
- 25 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile