I've posted a couple of times as my fiance and I prepare for our trip to Peru. I haven't been out of the country much and its my fiance's first international trip (we are SOO excited!).
We are getting ready to fly out Wednesday and the last minute excitement, nervousness and preparation has begun! I wanted to see if any of you had recommendations or tips on packing. Is there anything you would suggest we defintiely have with us (I'm thinking of things to include in a first aid kit or other easily overlooked items)?
We will be in Lima, Cusco, Arequipa and MP.
A couple other last minute questions-
- It was recommended that we get A LOT of vaccinations and medications (malaria, typhoid fever, yellow fever, hep. A, etc.). I feel like some may be a little unnecessary. Any tips of important vaccinations?
- What is the best way to handle money? Should we mainly bring and deal in cash or is using a card better? Also in your experience, is it best to convert money at banks, or get it out of ATM's?
Any help or advice on any or all of these questions is much appreciated.
Thanks so much!!!
Last Minute Packing for Peru
- 1 8 Days in Brazil
- 2 Flight and Lodging in Manaus and Rio
- 3 Practical to combine Amazon + beaches with visit to the Guianas?
- 4 Need Help with Itinerary (2.5 Months) (Indian Passport)
- 5 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 6 Celebrating A Century Of Flight
- 7 Lower savings with the "blue" exchange rate?
- 8 Peru Hop?
- 9 3 days before Cuzco/Machu Picchu - what to do, where to go
- 10 "Up to" 40% discount on LAN flights around South America today only
- 11 Uruguay Re-Do
- 12 Montevideo, Uruguay
- 13 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 14 More suggested reading
- 15 Please help me jump-start planning for Galapagos trip
- 16 Peru Best Tours: Buyers Beware
- 17 how to get to San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
- 18 Bariloche over XMas
- 19 Quark Expeditions 50% off sale - Antarctica 2014
- 20 Traveling with a Computer?
- 21 Christmas Day in Buenos Aires
- 22 Two Weeks Ecuador - Itinerary Help!
- 23 18 Day Argentina Itinerary
- 24 Rent a car and travel through Patagonia? Join us!
- 25 Reflections on our South America trip