Am planning a trip to Ecuador in August and am going to rent a car. Driving from Quito airport to Otavalo, then to Mindo, then back to Quito. Any suggestions about driving or conditions with the roads? Any roadways to avoid or to stay on for great views?
Thanks for the input in advance!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Cajamarca
- 2 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 3 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 4 Brasilia, So. Pantanal & Bonito
- 5 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 6 Too Long, but ain't gonna' change
- 7 Travel to Bolivia
- 8 Argentina - Best of Salta in 4 days
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 11 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 12 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 13 Brazil. Reading lists
- 14 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 15 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 16 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 17 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 18 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 19 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 20 Choquequirao Questions
- 21 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 22 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 23 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 24 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 25 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?