I will be traveling with my husband and another couple the beginning of March 2012 to Argentina, arriving in Buenos Aires. We plan to be there for 3 days, then go to Montevideo for 2 days and on to Punta del Este for an overnight. Returning to Montevideo we can either fly to Iguazu for 2 days and then fly south to El Calafante to do the glaciers for 4 days or fly to El Calafante first and then to Iguazu. In either case, we need to return to BA and the end of the trip for our return to the USA. My question is which scenario is better? We've selected the hotels where we'd like to stay, but wonder if we should book ourselves or use a local agency there. My husband and I are bilingual so language is no problem. Thank you for your expertise and advice.
2 week trip to argentina - need help finalizing itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 3 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 4 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 5 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 6 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 7 4 weeks in Chile
- 8 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 9 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 10 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 11 Para Ti, Brazil
- 12 Advice needed for Colombia
- 13 Chile and Argentina
- 14 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 15 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 16 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 17 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 18 El valle de Elquí
- 19 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation
- 20 Columbia Questions
- 21 Bogota
- 22 Planning 3 weeks in Columbia
- 23 Bus tickets from El Calafate to Puerto Natales (Patagonia) in December?
- 24 Jewish sites and tour of Buenos Aires?
- 25 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South