I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Amazing..
- 2 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 3 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 4 Guanajuato
- 5 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 6 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 7 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 8 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 9 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 10 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 11 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 12 Fishing around Arenal
- 13 First time CR intinerary help
- 14 dental implants
- 15 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 16 Costa Rica- July trip
- 17 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 18 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 19 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 20 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 21 help from a Panamanian
- 22 Best Panama beach area?
- 23 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 24 Guanacaste
- 25 Restaurant Raves Puerto Vallarta