I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Kitchen Showrooms London
- 2 Driving in Mexico
- 3 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 4 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 5 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 6 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 7 Driving in CR
- 8 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 9 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 10 unsafe?
- 11 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 12 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 13 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 14 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 15 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 16 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 17 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 18 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 19 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 20 Non tourist beach in December
- 21 Sending things back home.
- 22 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 23 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 24 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!