I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 2 Costa Rica
- 3 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 4 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 5 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 6 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 7 Planning a trip to Panama
- 8 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 9 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 10 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 11 best air route san diego to san jose
- 12 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 13 reliable car rental company??
- 14 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 15 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 16 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 17 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 18 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 19 Puerto Vallarta
- 20 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 21 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 22 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 23 Need help ASAP for Belize
- 24 Are dogs allowed on the beaches
- 25 Ecuador, Panama, or Costa Rica