I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 moving to mexico
- 2 international calling cards
- 3 September CR trip, itinerary questions and hotel deals?
- 4 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 5 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 6 Archaeological tours
- 7 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 8 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 9 moving to mexico
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanajuato
- 13 Cancun All inclusive
- 14 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 15 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 16 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 17 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 18 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 19 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 20 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 21 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 22 girls getaway
- 23 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 24 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 25 First time CR intinerary help