I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Rain all week
- 2 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 3 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 4 Central america with 6 yr old.
- 5 Amazing..
- 6 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 7 Costa Rica in Christmas 2016
- 8 Layover in San Salvador
- 9 day trips from Mexico City
- 10 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 11 help from a Panamanian
- 12 Dynamic Airways = LAX to Cancun
- 13 Hotel Recommendation for Riviera Maya please help!
- 14 Cancun Beach Snorkeling 6/2016
- 15 Playa del carmen - airbnb
- 16 Looking for Good Remote Study Location
- 17 advice for costa rica about tennagers .
- 18 Pearl Keys
- 19 Transportation from the Royal Playa Del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Pariso
- 20 Stop at La Paz in route to La Fortuna?
- 21 Niaragua Adventures: Beware of the Small Print
- 22 Grand sunset princess (playa del carmen)
- 23 Picky traveler looking for a hidden gem
- 24 Honeymoon in mid-September?
- 25 Hotel Recommendations for Costa Rica