I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Exploring Ek' Balam & X'canche Cenote
- 2 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 3 Royal Hideaway construction
- 4 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 5 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary with Kids
- 7 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 8 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 9 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 10 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 11 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 12 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 13 3rd-10th april
- 14 May in Central America
- 15 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 16 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 17 Four night is PV
- 18 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 19 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 20 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 21 San Miguel
- 22 Oaxaca in march
- 23 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 24 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 25 Snorkeling trips