I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 TOSHIBA PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT TOSHIBA Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Mexico
- 3 live from PV !
- 4 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 5 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 6 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 7 Another Yucatan trip report
- 8 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 9 2017 SMA Trip
- 10 Belize planning help
- 11 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 12 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 13 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 14 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 15 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 16 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 18 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 19 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 20 Bocas ??
- 21 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 22 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca
- 23 Costa Rica Connection
- 24 Where to stay in Cayo District
- 25 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita