I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 2 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 3 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 4 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 5 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 6 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 7 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 8 Merida in March
- 9 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 10 Mexico in March - questions
- 11 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 12 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 13 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 14 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 15 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 16 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 17 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 18 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 19 travel in Yucatan
- 20 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 21 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 22 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 23 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 24 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 25 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids