I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 2 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 5 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 6 Fonda Vela
- 7 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 8 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 9 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 10 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 11 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 12 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 13 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 14 Driver needed for Panama City
- 15 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 16 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 17 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 18 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 19 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 20 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 21 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 22 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 23 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 24 Christmas 2016 (budget)
- 25 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio