I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 2 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 3 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 4 Returning home
- 5 White hair in Valladolid....
- 6 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 7 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 8 Uber in Panama
- 9 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 10 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 11 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 12 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 13 4 days in Belize
- 14 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 15 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 16 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?
- 17 An Afternoon In Guadalajara
- 18 Sayulita in September
- 19 Tulum Ruins
- 20 5 day belize itinerary
- 21 2 weeks in Costa Rica: Go North or South?
- 22 Copper Canyon
- 23 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 24 JW Marriott Rio Hto
- 25 Recommended itinerary for 3 days in Mexico city and 3 days in Merida.