I'm hoping some people will be able to give me some suggestions! Me and my partner are flying to Mexico for 2 weeks (for the first time) from the end of April-May. We are flying into Mexico City, and would quite to look to spend half a week at the beginning and half a week at the end in the city (ish).
Other than that, I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do and where to go! We don't want to head to Cancun/go for an AI package. We'd be interested in seeing historical ruins, and also we both enjoy food, so I was thinking perhaps to head towards Oaxaca.
Does anyone have any ideas as to places to go, and also also how to get there (eg flying..)?
In terms of budget, for accommodation and travel costs, we'd be looking at spending around £800. (Not sure if this is realistic, over the odds, or not enough, so feedback would be helpful).
Suggestions for a 2 week trip to Mexico
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 best places in Baja
- 2 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 3 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 4 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 5 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 6 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 7 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 8 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 9 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 10 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 11 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 12 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 13 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 14 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 15 costa rica logistics
- 16 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 17 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 18 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 19 costa rica logistics again
- 20 Mexico Trip
- 21 Itinerary help Montericco or Rio Dulce
- 22 Panama Activities in October?
- 23 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 24 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 25 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!