Just wondering if anyone has any updates on the situation in Guatemala following the flooding and landslides. It's very sad.
I am travelling on Fri next and my trip includes time in Antigua, Lake Atitlan, Tikal and then on to Belize. Do you think it would be OK to omit the Lake Atitlan part of the journey and spend more time elsewhere- perhaps head to Belze a bit earlier?
There are still very sketchy details available. I can't believe how little coverage this is getting over here in Ireland and from what I can see Europe- hardly a mention. Any updates? Do you think it will be OK to travel? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 2 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 3 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 4 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 7 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 8 Merida in March
- 9 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 10 Mexico in March - questions
- 11 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 12 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 13 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 14 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 15 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 16 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 17 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 18 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 19 travel in Yucatan
- 20 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 21 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 22 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 23 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 24 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 25 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids