Just wondering if anyone has any updates on the situation in Guatemala following the flooding and landslides. It's very sad.
I am travelling on Fri next and my trip includes time in Antigua, Lake Atitlan, Tikal and then on to Belize. Do you think it would be OK to omit the Lake Atitlan part of the journey and spend more time elsewhere- perhaps head to Belze a bit earlier?
There are still very sketchy details available. I can't believe how little coverage this is getting over here in Ireland and from what I can see Europe- hardly a mention. Any updates? Do you think it will be OK to travel? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 2 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 3 Ruta Puuc, Yucatan
- 4 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 5 Antigua, GT Apartment
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 Taking bus to Montevede,Costa Rica
- 8 Cancun tour guides/naturalisits
- 9 Western Caribbean Cruise Question
- 10 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 11 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 12 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 13 driving down through mexico
- 14 Things to do in Cabo
- 15 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 16 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 17 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Planning a trip to Panama
- 19 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 20 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 21 Driving in Mexico
- 22 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 23 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 24 unsafe?
- 25 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen