Search

3rd visit suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd visit suggestions

My wife and I will be returning to Belize for 2 week this Feb.It will be our third visit. We have stayed in San Ignacio, Belize City and Placencia(here twice). Enjoyed them all ,but would like to try someplace different. She is an avid birder and loves snorkeling, I like ruins and snorkeling. We both enjoy hiking,exploring and just hanging out in a hammock with a good book. I thought of renting a car for a week and going to Crooked tree for 3 nights(Paradise Inn, Bird's eye View or Sam Tillet's ???)Than up to Corozal for 4 nights. Back to Belize City to return the car and from there someplace on the caribean with beaches, snorkling , great seafood and way layed back. Any suggestions of places to stay , things to do, resturants,adventures to try.I'm especialy interested in the cayes. Kitty's in Placencia is about as "resorty" as we like.Funky but clean is just fine. Thanks in advance to all.
Old Oct 30th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

this appears to have gotten lost in cyber space, as it doesn't show up in the Belize forum.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 05:53 AM

Surfing through the topics this morning and ran across yours. So yes it shows up in the Latin America forum, possibly not under the Belize section. But the reason for no response, may be that you did not specifly Belize in your title.

So - I have yet to get to Belize, our first trip is hopefully going to be in Feb.

You say you like ruins, but I don't see where you have made it over the Guatemala to see Tikal. We are planning a few days to visit Tikal, seems it would fit into your likes also.

As for the rest of your time I guess that has to come from others that are actually experienced. Our trip will include Ambergris, San Ignacio and Tikal.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 09:35 AM

Crooked Tree and Corozal sounds like a good first part of a trip. Not a whole lot to do in Coro, but it's pleasant and inexpensive -- make a day trip to Lamanai (you can drive all the way) and to Cerros, maybe go on to Sarteneja if you really want to be off the beaten path.

Then if you haven't been to Ambergris Caye that would be the place for the best restaurants in Belize. It's really developing, but there are still Kitty's-like quiet places (FYI Kitty's finally sold and is now Saks) especially on North Ambergris. Or go to Caulker if you want something easier on the budget.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 02:02 PM

It may be a little close to what you experienced in Placencia, and it's not a caye, but we just returned from a trip to Hamanasi in Hopkins that had all of what you mention. They offer inland or marine day trips and birding, hikes and a trip to Xunantunich (near the western border with Guatemala)were all options. It is a resort, but very laid back and the staff, food and accomodations were great.