Hi there, my family and I are going to be staying at Las Casitas in Akumal for the week leading up to the 21st of December. This trip is primarily based around being at Chichen Itza for that day. I kinda wanna take a tour so that were guarnteed admission, but I dont want to be on somebody elses schedule. Im not sure how easy/safe it is to rent a vehicle and drive to Chichen Itza. Has anyone done that?
Renting a car from Akumal to drive to Chichen Itza
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 2 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 3 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 4 Riu vs Westin?
- 5 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 6 Sim card and power
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 8 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 9 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 10 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 11 Mexico region question
- 12 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 13 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 14 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 15 Costa rica help
- 16 car rental companies
- 17 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 18 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 21 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 22 cozumel tennis
- 23 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 24 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 25 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report