My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 car rental companies
- 2 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 3 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 cozumel tennis
- 6 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 7 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 9 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 10 Baja California
- 11 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 12 Mexico region question
- 13 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 14 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 15 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 16 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 17 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 18 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 19 Semana Santa itinerary
- 20 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 21 San Jose del cabo
- 22 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 23 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico
- 24 Mexico City! Nice Hotel Within Walking Distance Of Chapultepec Park
- 25 Kiteboarding in Belize