My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Power Boost XI
- 2 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 3 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 4 Anyone interested?
- 5 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 6 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 7 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 8 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 9 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 10 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 11 Spending USD in Mexico
- 12 Family vacation
- 13 Food poisoning?
- 14 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 15 Best plan - suggestions
- 16 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 17 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 18 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 19 Guanacaste in October
- 20 Good lunch spot
- 21 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 22 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 23 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 24 Art School
- 25 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter