My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 2 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 3 Activities in Costa Rica
- 4 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 7 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 8 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 9 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 10 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 11 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 12 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 13 Gluten Free Belize
- 14 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 15 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 16 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 17 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 18 In Cancun right now..
- 19 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 20 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 23 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 24 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 25 Places to stay in Belize
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter