My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/aqua-refine/
- 2 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 3 17 & 18 year olds Spring Break?
- 4 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 5 Is it REALLY worth Including San Cristobal in my Yucatan Itinerary
- 6 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 7 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 8 Thanksgiving/Riviera Maya area/All Inclusive
- 9 Sayulita in September
- 10 Garza Blanca Preserve -Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 12 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 13 Renting Car in Mexico
- 14 Car Rental in Cancun
- 15 Costa Rica
- 16 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 17 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 18 reliable car rental company??
- 19 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 20 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 21 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 22 Planning a trip to Panama
- 23 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 24 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter