My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 4 3rd-10th april
- 5 May in Central America
- 6 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 7 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 8 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 9 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 10 Four night is PV
- 11 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 12 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 13 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 14 San Miguel
- 15 Oaxaca in march
- 16 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 17 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 18 Snorkeling trips
- 19 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 20 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 21 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 22 best new site in costa rica
- 23 Tikal, Guatemala
- 24 Progreso, Yucatàn
- 25 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter