My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica--first time
- 2 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 3 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 4 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 5 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 6 Central America vacation in September
- 7 Granada or Leon
- 8 Rental Car in Mexico
- 9 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 10 Sandals in Cancún
- 11 Belize itinerary help
- 12 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 13 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 14 Costa Rica surfing
- 15 Nicaragua money questions
- 16 Blue Hole
- 17 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 18 Panama in December?
- 19 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 20 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 21 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 22 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 23 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 24 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 25 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter