My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 moving to mexico
- 2 international calling cards
- 3 September CR trip, itinerary questions and hotel deals?
- 4 Zika and Baja California ( La Paz, Mexico)
- 5 Trip report: Costa Rica natural highlights
- 6 Archaeological tours
- 7 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 8 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 9 moving to mexico
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 12 Guanajuato
- 13 Cancun All inclusive
- 14 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 15 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 16 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 17 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 18 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 19 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 20 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 21 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 22 girls getaway
- 23 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 24 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 25 First time CR intinerary help
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter