My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Azul Sensatori
- 2 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 3 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 4 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 5 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 6 Adult only all inclusive
- 7 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 8 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 9 Westjet flights to Merida
- 10 Belize - Where to Go?
- 11 Savegre Hotel
- 12 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 13 Camera & Accessories
- 14 Wildlife in Belize
- 15 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 16 Costa Rica
- 17 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 18 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 19 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 20 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 21 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 22 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 23 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 24 Belize Trip Report - Lamanai Outpost Lodge and Tranquility Bay Resort
- 25 Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal
Playa del Carmen activities for mom, dad, and 5 year old daughter