Hey guys and gals, I need some help deciding my next trip or two. First of let me give you all some background so you can get a feel for what I enjoy. My wife and I are both in our late mid 20's, no kids and live in California. We love to do all things outdoors and love trying new things and going on adventures. I feel like I just filled out an online dating profile......Anyways we have traveled a bit over the last few years, making it to a few parts in Mexico, some Caribbean islands, Belize, Fiji, and each of the Hawaiian islands a few times. Through these travels we have found many things that we like and many things that we have not. Starting off with the diving, obviously that is one of the best parts of the trips and I feel it will be hard to beat what we saw in Fiji and the Rainbow reef and shark dive. We love all of the "off the beaten path" non tourist stuff that we found in Belize and Fiji. I did find that Mexico and the Caribbean islands we went to were just too touristy and everything was overpriced because ship loads of people show up to snorkel and zipline. I loved that I was able to explore the country in Fiji and Belize and still feel safe yet have a sense of adventure because of the culture. We're not huge fans of big cities while on trips either. Hawaii has been amazing each time we have been there but we want to try someplace new. Like I said before we love to dive, fish, snorkel and pretty much do anything in the warm ocean water, which is why I'm hesitant to travel to a place like New Zealand where there may not be as much time spent in the water. That being said, we also loved spending time in the jungle of Belize and seeing all of the wildlife and doing the hikes(most of which aloud us to be the only ones on the trail). So a good mix would be awesome. Lodging should be nice but doesn't have to be 5 star. Pretty much we want to do lots of stuff besides just sit on a beach and have a great adventure doing things we will be talking about for years to come! We have kind of looked into Honduras(Utila and Roatan), Costa Rica and Australia but are not stuck on just those destinations. Looks like we be able to travel about 8-10 days in April and then 14ish days in late July or early August. Any info or ideas would be great!
Need help deciding next trip. Honduras? Costa Rica? Australia? New Zealand?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 4 Cancun-discounts.com
- 5 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 6 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 7 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 8 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 9 Apartment Finders
- 10 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 11 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 12 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 13 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 14 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 15 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 16 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 17 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 18 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 19 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 20 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 21 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 22 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 23 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 24 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 25 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July