We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 2 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 3 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 4 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 5 Central America vacation in September
- 6 Granada or Leon
- 7 Rental Car in Mexico
- 8 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 9 What do you think about this testimony?
- 10 Costa Rica--first time
- 11 Sandals in Cancún
- 12 Belize itinerary help
- 13 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 14 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 15 Costa Rica surfing
- 16 Nicaragua money questions
- 17 Blue Hole
- 18 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 19 Panama in December?
- 20 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 21 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 22 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 23 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 24 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 25 Packing for Ambergris Caye