We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 2 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 3 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 4 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 5 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 8 Apartment Finders
- 9 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 12 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 13 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 14 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 15 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 16 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 17 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 18 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 19 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 20 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 21 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 22 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 25 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions