We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Food and health in Cancún.
- 2 Westjet flights to Merida
- 3 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 4 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 5 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 6 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 7 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 8 Azul Sensatori
- 9 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 10 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 11 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 12 Adult only all inclusive
- 13 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 14 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 15 Belize - Where to Go?
- 16 Savegre Hotel
- 17 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 18 Camera & Accessories
- 19 Wildlife in Belize
- 20 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 21 Costa Rica
- 22 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 23 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 24 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende
- 25 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix