We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Mexico City and...?
- 2 Solo touring in Panama City
- 3 Traveling with a baby to Mexico
- 4 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 5 Driving in CR
- 6 Getting to Laguna San Ignacio from Wisconsin
- 7 Day trip from Merida - seeking recommendations
- 8 Recommendations for a Mexico City hotel needed
- 9 Advice for 2 days in Mexico City
- 10 Tamarindo Sept
- 11 Actual beachfront hotels in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca???
- 12 Trip help -is MA necessary if I'm going to Osa?
- 13 Quepos and Manuel Antonio
- 14 4 hour tour in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 15 Need help for trip to Costa Rica in December
- 16 Nicest All inclusive for young children
- 17 Visit to Panama - all inclusive r&r combined with adventure ..
- 18 Renting Car in Mexico
- 19 Cancun All inclusive
- 20 Cancun Transfer Timing
- 21 Belize in mid September
- 22 Mexico City Airport hotel transportation question
- 23 Budget Belize
- 24 3 weeks in PV next summer with kids
- 25 Costa Rica Itinerary Help