We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Four Weeks in December - Too Little Time and So Much to See
- 2 Thoughts about Puerta Vallarta
- 3 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 4 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 6 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 7 Family vacation
- 8 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 9 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 10 Anyone interested?
- 11 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 12 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 13 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 14 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 15 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 16 Spending USD in Mexico
- 17 Food poisoning?
- 18 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 19 Best plan - suggestions
- 20 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 21 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 22 Guanacaste in October
- 23 Good lunch spot
- 24 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 25 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old