We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize
- 2 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 3 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 4 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 5 Planning trip to Panama
- 6 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 7 Copa Airlines?
- 8 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 9 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 10 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 11 Panama
- 12 bicycle through central america
- 13 Car Rental in Panama
- 14 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 15 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 16 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 17 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 18 Costa Rica
- 19 Which of these locations?
- 20 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 21 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 22 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 23 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 24 Renting a car in Cancun
- 25 Possible Mexico Trip