We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 2 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 3 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 4 Copa Airlines?
- 5 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 6 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 7 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 8 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 9 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 10 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 11 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 12 Tulum (camping)
- 13 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 14 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 15 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 16 Riviera Maya
- 17 Excursions
- 18 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 19 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 20 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 21 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 22 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 23 Eric Brahms
- 24 Where to stay in Oaxaca, Mexico?
- 25 River Lodge in Costa Rica?