We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Finally made it!
- 2 Stay in Cancun or head to Europe?
- 3 First Vacation!
- 4 Beware of timeshare Casa Dorada
- 5 Itinerary help
- 6 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 7 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 8 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 9 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 10 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 11 Activities in Costa Rica
- 12 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 13 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 14 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 15 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 16 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 17 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 18 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 19 Gluten Free Belize
- 20 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 21 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 22 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 23 In Cancun right now..
- 24 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 25 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?