We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 2 Activities in Tamarindo, Guanacaste
- 3 Departure tax
- 4 Looking for Info on Coba Schools
- 5 HELP! Need a Guide for a Day in Managua
- 6 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 7 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 8 Costa Rica first timers
- 9 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 10 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 11 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 12 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 13 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 14 think twice before using expedia
- 15 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 16 best places in Baja
- 17 Beachfront in Tulum
- 18 Belize, first time
- 19 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 20 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 21 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 22 Costa Rica with young kids
- 23 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 24 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 25 Security in Oaxaca