We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 2 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 3 Gluten Free Belize
- 4 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 5 In Cancun right now..
- 6 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 7 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 8 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 9 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 10 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 11 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 12 Places to stay in Belize
- 13 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 14 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 15 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 16 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 17 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 18 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 19 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 20 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 21 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 22 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 23 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 25 Best beach close to DF