We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 2 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 3 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 4 cozumel tennis
- 5 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 6 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 7 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 8 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 9 Baja California
- 10 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 11 Mexico region question
- 12 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 13 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 14 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 15 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 16 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 17 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 18 Semana Santa itinerary
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 San Jose del cabo
- 21 Camera Suggestion for Use in Costa Rica Rainforest
- 22 Help planning romantic getaway for my wife to CR or Mexico
- 23 Mexico City! Nice Hotel Within Walking Distance Of Chapultepec Park
- 24 Kiteboarding in Belize
- 25 Road conditions in Belize