We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 2 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 3 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 4 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 5 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 6 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 7 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 8 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 9 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 10 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 11 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 14 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 15 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 16 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 17 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 18 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 19 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 20 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 21 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 22 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 23 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City
- 24 Looking for a resort similar to excellence playa Mujeres
- 25 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama