We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Panama in October
- 2 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 3 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 5 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 6 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 7 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 8 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 9 Monteverde from Liberia
- 10 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 11 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 12 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 13 mayan ruins family trip
- 14 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 15 Playa del Carmen
- 16 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 17 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Do I need an SUV for riviera maya vacation
- 20 Costa Rica Vacation
- 21 travel blog Costa Rica, Aruba and more
- 22 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 23 Stay for a night in cancun before 14 days at beach house near tulum?
- 24 Airfares between Kansas City and Costa Rica
- 25 How safe is driving a car through Mexico