We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 December trip to CR ...Is the tour company correct ?
- 2 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 3 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 4 Any recommendations for activities or adventures for kids in Riviera Maya
- 5 Playa del Carmen
- 6 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 7 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 8 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 9 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 10 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 11 tours to gatun locks panama
- 12 Panama in October
- 13 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 14 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 15 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 16 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 17 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 18 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 19 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 20 Monteverde from Liberia
- 21 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 22 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 23 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 24 mayan ruins family trip
- 25 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key