We will be exploring southern CR for 2 weeks. There is a little known border crossing at Rio Sereno which is in the coffee growing region.
It is just south of San Vito Costa Rica. Does anyone have any info. on crossing into Panama at this crossing? We would leave our rental car in the San Vito area and then take local buses towards Volcan Panama & then Boquete Panama for a day or two of trekking.
I am also guessing that coming back into Costa Rica should be relatively problem free---as long as we have our e-tickets showing that we will be exiting CR 10 days later.
Gracias y Hasta!
Little known Border crossing @ San Vito/Rio Sereno
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Cheap Hotels in Mexico City?
- 3 7 Days in Cost Rica--asking for advice
- 4 40th Birthday Trip
- 5 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 6 Park Royal Cozumel or El Cantil?
- 7 Recomendations on getting to Tikal from Belize City
- 8 Planning a trip to Costa Rica with a 10 and 13 year old
- 9 Dreams Riviera Cancun?
- 10 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 11 Follow Up Questions: MA / Osa
- 12 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 13 La paz at christmas
- 14 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 15 Bosque del Cabo accommodations help for newbie
- 16 Mesón Sacristía cooking school/hotel stay. Anyone done it?
- 17 Guatemala customs question
- 18 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 19 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 20 Costa Rica questions
- 21 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 22 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 23 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 24 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 25 Rainy season