How do the Copan ruins compare to places like Tikal in Guatemala and Chichen Itza in Mexico? I was impressed by both of them, so now that I'm planning a trip to Honduras, I'm wondering how their ruins will compare. (I've also seen Machu Picchu and Angkor Wat, as far as my "ruin" experience goes.) I don't want to be disappointed by Copan, although it won't be the focus of my trip. I'm planning on three nights in Copan (at Marina Copan), three nights at La Ceiba (Lodge at Pico Bonito), and three nights in Roatan (Anthony's Key, Palmetto Bay, Barefoot Cay).
Honduras: How are the Copan Ruins?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What area in Mexico is safe for kids with calm beautiful beaches?
- 2 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 3 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 4 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 5 Bus from SJO to San Jose , Costa Rica
- 6 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 7 Trip Report - Merida, Ruta Puuc, Chichen Itza, Tulum
- 8 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 9 Mi tocaya y yo en Panama
- 10 Getting to Tortuguero -- worth the trip?
- 11 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 12 Somewhere hot!
- 13 Mexico City where to stay for 4 nights
- 14 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 15 Back From Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Cancun-discounts.com
- 17 Mexico City, Chiapas and Yucutan, too much??
- 18 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 19 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 20 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 21 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 22 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 23 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 24 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 25 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old