I was just told that two divorced mothers each travelling with one child was denied boarding their Flights to Cancun (on US Airways and American Airlines) from Charlotte, NC and National in VA. The airlines are requiring written documentation stating that the absent parents has given consent for the child to travel abroad. Has anyone else run into this problem when traveling to Cancun with a child? Just curious to see if this requirement is well known since the airlines didn't advise the Mom's of this requirement when tickets were purchased.
Denied Travel with Children Without Parent's OK
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 2 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 3 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 4 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 5 Costa rica help
- 6 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 7 car rental companies
- 8 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 9 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 10 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo