I was just told that two divorced mothers each travelling with one child was denied boarding their Flights to Cancun (on US Airways and American Airlines) from Charlotte, NC and National in VA. The airlines are requiring written documentation stating that the absent parents has given consent for the child to travel abroad. Has anyone else run into this problem when traveling to Cancun with a child? Just curious to see if this requirement is well known since the airlines didn't advise the Mom's of this requirement when tickets were purchased.
Denied Travel with Children Without Parent's OK
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving from Florida to Belize
- 2 Puebla Bonita Pacifico Resort and Spa in Cabo San Lucas
- 3 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 4 Apartment Finders
- 5 5 Weeks in Chocolate Paradise
- 6 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 7 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 8 Costa Rica for a lone female?
- 9 Playa del Carmen - El Faro or Corto Maltes?
- 10 Puerto Vallarta for honeymoon... Ideas??
- 11 Guanajuato or San Cristobal de las Casas Mexico
- 12 Costa Rica - Dominical/Uvita in September with 2 yr old
- 13 1 month itinerary US/Mexico
- 14 August weather in Cabo San Lucas?
- 15 Photos from Panama (Chiriqui, Canal Zone) February 2014
- 16 Meditation and/or yoga retreat
- 17 NY Times article about Osa Peninsula
- 18 Suggestions for a Unique, Non-Touristy quick trip to the CANCUN area??
- 19 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 20 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 21 Costa Rica - Family of 6 - July
- 22 Looking for Belize itinerary planning suggestions
- 23 Family Vacation, Caribbean Costa Rica and Panama
- 24 Hopefulist in Belize, 2014
- 25 International connectons through San Pedro Sula or Panama City