My bf and I are going to CR on May 6 for a week. We are flying in to San Jose and our hotel is in Manuel Antonio. We don't really need a car while we are there but we're wondering if it might be worthwile to rent one anyway since it seems cheaper than the transportation back and forth. We are pretty adventurous so I think we'd be okay driving there. Is it a difficult drive from San Jose to MA? Also the car rental prices seem pretty low. Is there an additional charge for insurance that you MUST take that jacks the price up?
Secondly, we want to zip line, horseback ride, ww raft, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for which companies to us and particularly for the zip lining since they seem to vary in number of lines and length.
Thanks in advance....
Costa Rica Questions
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica- 1 week September
- 2 Cancun AI - best beach? please help
- 3 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 4 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 7 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 8 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 9 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 10 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 11 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 12 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 13 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 14 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 15 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 16 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 17 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 18 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 19 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 20 Merida-where to stay
- 21 Mexico City Hotels
- 22 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 24 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 25 Snorkeling