My bf and I are going to CR on May 6 for a week. We are flying in to San Jose and our hotel is in Manuel Antonio. We don't really need a car while we are there but we're wondering if it might be worthwile to rent one anyway since it seems cheaper than the transportation back and forth. We are pretty adventurous so I think we'd be okay driving there. Is it a difficult drive from San Jose to MA? Also the car rental prices seem pretty low. Is there an additional charge for insurance that you MUST take that jacks the price up?
Secondly, we want to zip line, horseback ride, ww raft, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for which companies to us and particularly for the zip lining since they seem to vary in number of lines and length.
Thanks in advance....
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Safety situation in Oaxaca City?
- 2 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 3 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 4 driving down through mexico
- 5 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 6 Things to do in Cabo
- 7 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 8 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 9 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 10 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 11 Planning a trip to Panama
- 12 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 13 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 14 Driving in Mexico
- 15 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 16 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 17 unsafe?
- 18 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 19 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 21 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 22 Driving in Costa Rica
- 23 Playa Mujeres
- 24 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 25 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?