My bf and I are going to CR on May 6 for a week. We are flying in to San Jose and our hotel is in Manuel Antonio. We don't really need a car while we are there but we're wondering if it might be worthwile to rent one anyway since it seems cheaper than the transportation back and forth. We are pretty adventurous so I think we'd be okay driving there. Is it a difficult drive from San Jose to MA? Also the car rental prices seem pretty low. Is there an additional charge for insurance that you MUST take that jacks the price up?
Secondly, we want to zip line, horseback ride, ww raft, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for which companies to us and particularly for the zip lining since they seem to vary in number of lines and length.
Thanks in advance....
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive with party atmosphere?
- 2 Best resort for our situation?
- 3 Chef/Cater in El Valle, Panama
- 4 Great Infographic on SportFishing in Costa Rica
- 5 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 6 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 7 Driver needed for Panama City
- 8 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 9 Tikal
- 10 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 11 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 12 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 13 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 14 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 15 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 16 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 17 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 18 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 19 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 20 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 21 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 22 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 23 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 24 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 25 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal