Search

Great driver for hire in Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great driver for hire in Costa Rica

Hey folks,
I want to "give some advice as a way of thanking those whose helpful advice I've gained here for planning my last 5 international trips.
If you are in need of hiring a private driver in Costa Rica, look no further than Danny Jimenez at:
www.costaricatourdriver.com

When I researched for my trip, he had the best prices of all his competitors. His A/C van is dependable and well maintained and Danny is an outgoing man who speaks great English (he lived in the US for a short time). He is eager to show things off the beaten path if you wish, or just knows the right "pitstops" to offer along the way so you can sample fresh coffee at the plantation's cafe, buy fresh cheese from the local market, or fresh local produce from the roadside stall. I will certainly hire Danny again and again for any future trips back to this great country.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 02:12 AM

Sounds like an adverstisement to me. Big no-no here!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 04:24 AM

Not sure about that, travelme. Seems like soulbutter is giving an attaboy to Danny for exceptional service. On the other hand, there are non-legit people that use forum to solicit biz so I guess you have to practice caution. I'm gonna trust soulbutter on this one. I did e-mail Danny last nite for rates before I read this and got a quick reply. Good sign I hope??? No disrespect intended, travelme.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 05:31 AM

Is there some reason that rates and costs in general are seldom mentioned here?
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 08:48 AM

My husband and I just returned from a 2 week trip in Costa Rica. If you are looking for someone to assist you in transportation I would also suggest Danny Jimenez. Danny can provide transportation between cities or a day trip tour. He picked us up from our hotel in San Jose and provided us with roundtrip transportation to Arenal volcano. Danny has a smart phone, so it was very easy connecting with him prior to our arrival. He has very reasonable rates and arrived promptly at our agreed upon time. He is bilingual and provided us with all kinds of information about the country and sites to stop and see along the way. He suggested tours and took us to a wonderful local restaurant for lunch. His rates are very reasonable (especially considering the cost of gas in CR and the liability of a rental car). Danny's email is: [email protected]

He also has a website at: http://www.costaricadriver.com/about_us.php

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 09:10 AM

dale, I hesitate to spell out costs in case gas prices have changed, etc. but I'm happy to provide the info. if someone asks, just no guarantee that the rate will stay exactly the same.