Search

changed my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2003, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changed my itinerary

I decided to change my itinerary for my 2.5 week january trip. I haven't done it yet, but I am going to leave out the Tortuguero portion. Sounds like its not too much to do and I can probably see wildlife in other parts of the country.

This will give me two more full days (for a total of 7) in San Jose to do day trips. So far from San Jose I have planned: White water with Rios Tropicales, Poas and LaPaz Waterfall, Iruzu/Lankester Gardens/Orosi Valley tour, Calypso Pacific Island Cruise. With the extra two days I may visit La Selva or Sarapiqui area, or Braullio Carillo, or do the bike trip down Iruzu. Any other suggestions? Anything I should definitely book in advance?

After San Jose I go to Monteverde, Arenal then Manuel Antonio. For these days I have planned, sky trek or sky walk, night-hike in Monteverde, rainmaker tour, horse back to rio fortuna falls, tabacon hots springs, maybe some biking and canopy tours.

Kellie
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 04:52 AM

Kellie- we are planning 10 day trip in January- are you using an agency or doing it all yourself? How are you getting from place to place? (we have never been)
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

I am using Costa Rica Expeditions, www.costaricaexpeditions.com They are the largest tour company in Costa Rica and I believe they are owned by an American living in Costa Rica and have been in business for about 20 years. All (and I mean all) the guide books have good things to say about the company, its tours and the properties they own.

The only thing I didn't like when booking the tour (through email correspondences) is that since they are in C.R., the only documents you get initially are the plane tickets. Flight is through Delta. The rest of the documents you get when you arrive. The agent neglected to tell me that originally which resulted in a lot of confusion. I think maybe she was new.

They arrange all of your transfers to/from regions and any in-country flights. They will automatically have you stay at their properties when they can (they have properties in tortuguero and monteverde). Another lady on this board said she used them too and was pleased. She was also accurate when she stated that they can be free with your money. The San Jose leg of the trip was originally going to cost me 197 dollars a night at the Melia Cariari, then I found it for 120.00 through AAA. Now I'm down to 75.00 through Travelocity.com

Kellie
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Any more input into this?
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 05:31 PM

I used Andrea at Best of Costa Rica [[email protected]] in 2002 - Osa, Monteverde and Arenal. One of my co-workers just came back from a trip planned by Andrea (Quepos) and I am scheduling another trip with her (this time to Tortuguero and Puerto Viejo). She does a great job of listening to your likes and dislikes and planning the trip accordingly. All logistics are taken care of. She is part of the reason that I am coming back to Costa Rica after only 2 years, even though I usually like to try a new country every year.