Notices

Whoa! Nature Air cancelled our flight!

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa! Nature Air cancelled our flight!

I received an e-mail from Nature Air yesterday. They said the airport will be closed the day we're scheduled to fly out. Seems odd, because he asked if we'd consider a charter flight. We were booked for Arenal to Quepos flight. I've read the Interbus trip is VERY long. Not something I look forward to with my 80 year old mom. Any other suggestions?
Carrie
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 09:45 AM

This is a long drive. Figure about 4½ hours.

You might think about a private transfer. It will cost between $180 and $200. But at least you will have a van to yourself, and be able to stop whenever you want for bathroom breaks, meals, etc.

Interbus is a good concept, but they to tend to pack em in sometimes.

Let me know if I can offer more advice.

Pat Hewitt
Costa Rica Travel Exchange
Costa Rica Concierge
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Pat, for the suggestion. You certainly have a good reputation on this website.
When a driver is hired, do they also do a tour at the same time? Do they stop at some of the sites? I don't think we'd mind Interbus, but I recently read about a woman who had to use the restroom so badly, but the driver wouldn't stop and was very rude (it was with Grayline). She had to crawl to the back of the van; take out a ziplock baggie and use that. Now, we're not particular about finding a gas station or restaurant - pulling off the road is fine with me. But will they even stop for that? I read another posting about it taking 7 1/2 hours to get from Arenal to MA. Ouch! 4 1/2 would be fine, but 7 1/2 is a bit much. Do those drivers do any narrating and pointing out the sites? We leave July 6th.
Thanks much!
Carrie
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Hi Pat!
Miss your words of wisdom over there on AOL. Do you still have that house in Monteverde? Hubby recently took early retirement and we are thinking about renting for a few weeks in various parts of the country until we can find a place of our own.

dcsam
We have traveled just about any way you can in CR and we really enjoy going with a private driver. Most of them love to talk about places you are going by. Stopping if you need to is no problem. A bit pricey but we think it is worth it.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:47 PM

I have used private transfers on my two trips to Costa Rica. On both trips we did the Manuel Antonio to Arenal transfer and it took about 5 hours (we stopped two or three times). Our drivers told us many things along the way and know where to stop for bathrooms, food, etc...

It is more expensive, especially if you are making a number of transfers but has worked well on our trips.