I have read the past Alsace discussions, and have found them quite useful. However, I am still at quite a loss with how to spend MY time in Alsace.
I will be travelling with two 15 year old girls. We will be in France for a week. We thought to spend the first four days (Monday -- Thursday nights) in Paris. '
On Friday I was planning to take the TGV to Strasbourg (arriving mid-day) returning via TGV to DG Airport on Sunday night -- so two nights in Alsace. (We fly out of DG on Monday morning, and plan to stay at the DG Sheraton on Sunday night.) We were planning to rent a car in Strasbourg. The time of year is early April (yes, THIS early April!)
So I sound all organized and all, but once we're in Strasbourg I don't know what to do! We are getting out of Paris because the teen girls are more interested in countryside than city so we won't stay in Strasbourg. But do we drive the entire route du vin, or do we choose one village to spend two nights, and explore it? Can we rent bikes in a village, and if so, where we would ride to? Isn't the terrain quite hilly? Can we walk or ride to the next village? How many villages should we realistically and enjoyably visit? If we drive the route du vin towards Colmar, do we do the same route back to Strasbourg, or something else?
Can you recommend an itinerary for two nights in Alsace? Lastly, is there an alternative to Alsace that you would recommend? Our desire is to see more "country" than city, and our limitations are predominately ones of time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 8 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 9 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 Sicily
- 13 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 14 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 15 car for four adults and four bikes
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 18 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 21 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 22 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
Whirlwind Alsace -- two nights and two teenagers; what would you do?