I have read the past Alsace discussions, and have found them quite useful. However, I am still at quite a loss with how to spend MY time in Alsace.
I will be travelling with two 15 year old girls. We will be in France for a week. We thought to spend the first four days (Monday -- Thursday nights) in Paris. '
On Friday I was planning to take the TGV to Strasbourg (arriving mid-day) returning via TGV to DG Airport on Sunday night -- so two nights in Alsace. (We fly out of DG on Monday morning, and plan to stay at the DG Sheraton on Sunday night.) We were planning to rent a car in Strasbourg. The time of year is early April (yes, THIS early April!)
So I sound all organized and all, but once we're in Strasbourg I don't know what to do! We are getting out of Paris because the teen girls are more interested in countryside than city so we won't stay in Strasbourg. But do we drive the entire route du vin, or do we choose one village to spend two nights, and explore it? Can we rent bikes in a village, and if so, where we would ride to? Isn't the terrain quite hilly? Can we walk or ride to the next village? How many villages should we realistically and enjoyably visit? If we drive the route du vin towards Colmar, do we do the same route back to Strasbourg, or something else?
Can you recommend an itinerary for two nights in Alsace? Lastly, is there an alternative to Alsace that you would recommend? Our desire is to see more "country" than city, and our limitations are predominately ones of time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노블랙잭＼☯™【 UUX74.ZE.AM 】™☯／카지노블랙잭☥카지노
- 2 필리핀세부카지노べ✄【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】✄べ필리핀세부카지노
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 외국인전용카지노べ❤【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❤べ외국인전용카지노
- 5 시티랜드카지노べ☬【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】☬べ시티랜드카지노
- 6 파라다이스카지노べ☯【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】☯べ파라다이스카지노
- 7 Back from Paris
- 8 1 month in Europe
- 9 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 10 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 London Hotels
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 19 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 LIsbon
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 Iceland in 7 days.
- 25 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
Whirlwind Alsace -- two nights and two teenagers; what would you do?