We are 4 Australians planning to drive from Oxford (where we will have been for 5nights) to Cornwall to stay for a week before driving into Wales to catch a ferry to Ireland? We like the look of Porthleven or St Ives but will this be too far south? We can spend an overnight getting from Cornwall to Wales if need be. We want to explore Cornwall within an hour or so drive from our base and do some walking, visiting villages, beaches etc. We don't want to be in a big centre or really urban developments, or very developed holiday centres. We quite like the idea of being out in the countryside but within walking distance of a pub. I have seen a converted barn accommodation on the edge of a village called Zennor and near the Tinners Arms pub. Any advice? we will have a car.
Where to base for a week in Cornwall
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 2 Azores
- 3 Budget family trip to Europe
- 4 Pyrenees logistics
- 5 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 6 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 7 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 8 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 9 Italy
- 10 Driving in Italy
- 11 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 12 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 13 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 14 Taormina to Palermo
- 15 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 16 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 17 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 18 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 19 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 20 caroline_venezia
- 21 Taormina Sicily
- 22 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 23 Italy dolomites
- 24 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 25 Suggestion for travel memories