We are 4 Australians planning to drive from Oxford (where we will have been for 5nights) to Cornwall to stay for a week before driving into Wales to catch a ferry to Ireland? We like the look of Porthleven or St Ives but will this be too far south? We can spend an overnight getting from Cornwall to Wales if need be. We want to explore Cornwall within an hour or so drive from our base and do some walking, visiting villages, beaches etc. We don't want to be in a big centre or really urban developments, or very developed holiday centres. We quite like the idea of being out in the countryside but within walking distance of a pub. I have seen a converted barn accommodation on the edge of a village called Zennor and near the Tinners Arms pub. Any advice? we will have a car.
Where to base for a week in Cornwall
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Paris itinerary help
- 2 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 3 Shipping bags home
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 6 electrical adaptor plugs
- 7 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 8 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 9 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 10 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 13 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 14 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 15 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 16 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 17 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 18 Vienna and side trips
- 19 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 20 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 21 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 22 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 23 Emilia Romagna Region
- 24 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 25 Scottland for a day!