We are 4 Australians planning to drive from Oxford (where we will have been for 5nights) to Cornwall to stay for a week before driving into Wales to catch a ferry to Ireland? We like the look of Porthleven or St Ives but will this be too far south? We can spend an overnight getting from Cornwall to Wales if need be. We want to explore Cornwall within an hour or so drive from our base and do some walking, visiting villages, beaches etc. We don't want to be in a big centre or really urban developments, or very developed holiday centres. We quite like the idea of being out in the countryside but within walking distance of a pub. I have seen a converted barn accommodation on the edge of a village called Zennor and near the Tinners Arms pub. Any advice? we will have a car.
Where to base for a week in Cornwall
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 6 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Traveling within Italy
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Florence in October
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 first european holiday itinery
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 20 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 London at Easter
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 25 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013