We are 4 Australians planning to drive from Oxford (where we will have been for 5nights) to Cornwall to stay for a week before driving into Wales to catch a ferry to Ireland? We like the look of Porthleven or St Ives but will this be too far south? We can spend an overnight getting from Cornwall to Wales if need be. We want to explore Cornwall within an hour or so drive from our base and do some walking, visiting villages, beaches etc. We don't want to be in a big centre or really urban developments, or very developed holiday centres. We quite like the idea of being out in the countryside but within walking distance of a pub. I have seen a converted barn accommodation on the edge of a village called Zennor and near the Tinners Arms pub. Any advice? we will have a car.
Where to base for a week in Cornwall
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 2 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 3 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 4 See You In Minsk
- 5 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Florence Hotel Advice
- 8 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 11 Air France strike
- 12 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 13 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 14 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 15 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 16 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 17 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 18 Best day trips from Paris
- 19 Scottish Passport
- 20 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 21 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 22 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s