We are 4 Australians planning to drive from Oxford (where we will have been for 5nights) to Cornwall to stay for a week before driving into Wales to catch a ferry to Ireland? We like the look of Porthleven or St Ives but will this be too far south? We can spend an overnight getting from Cornwall to Wales if need be. We want to explore Cornwall within an hour or so drive from our base and do some walking, visiting villages, beaches etc. We don't want to be in a big centre or really urban developments, or very developed holiday centres. We quite like the idea of being out in the countryside but within walking distance of a pub. I have seen a converted barn accommodation on the edge of a village called Zennor and near the Tinners Arms pub. Any advice? we will have a car.
Where to base for a week in Cornwall
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 3 Reims for a day
- 4 Lavender Fields
- 5 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 6 Munich
- 7 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 8 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 9 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 12 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 13 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 14 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 15 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 16 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 17 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 18 museum passes in Rome
- 19 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 20 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 21 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 22 Nice Video about Poland
- 23 Where to stay in Rome
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions