We are 4 Australians planning to drive from Oxford (where we will have been for 5nights) to Cornwall to stay for a week before driving into Wales to catch a ferry to Ireland? We like the look of Porthleven or St Ives but will this be too far south? We can spend an overnight getting from Cornwall to Wales if need be. We want to explore Cornwall within an hour or so drive from our base and do some walking, visiting villages, beaches etc. We don't want to be in a big centre or really urban developments, or very developed holiday centres. We quite like the idea of being out in the countryside but within walking distance of a pub. I have seen a converted barn accommodation on the edge of a village called Zennor and near the Tinners Arms pub. Any advice? we will have a car.
Where to base for a week in Cornwall
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Royal Opera House question?
- 2 Globus Tours
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 2 full days in Paris
- 5 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 6 3 days in Rome
- 7 guided tours at Prado and Granada
- 8 Central London Hotels
- 9 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 10 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 11 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 12 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 13 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 14 ITALY
- 15 Help with Madrid Location
- 16 Italy and Greece
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 18 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 19 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 20 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 21 Oslo or Stockholm?
- 22 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 23 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 24 2 Days in Rome
- 25 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals