Looking for lodging in Corwall

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Ann Huebner

Looking for lodging in Corwall

Eight of us are planning to visit Cornwall next April. We will require four rooms (en suite). Any ideas from Cornwall travelers? Ann from Nebraska

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:16 AM
xxx

Try the tourist board sites for Devon and Cornwall and the following links.
Holiday cottages are very popular and great fun for groups.

http://www.cornwall-online.co.uk/2a-tourism.htm
www.cottageguide.co.uk
www.westcountrynow.com

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:42 AM
andrew

Ann - Every year I travel to Cornwall and it is a very special place which I hope you will enjoy. The Atlantic sea air, great seafood, stunning scenery, fascinating history and relaxed way of life.

I can strongly recommend St Ives as a place to stay especially in April when the crowds are not so great. It is an artist's haven with the Tate Gallery, unique light and tiny cobbled streets with whitewashed houses and interesting shops. Here are two companies that offer self-catering accommodation (holiday appartment/house lets)
which I've used before and have a very good selection of properties

www.stives.co.uk (Lanhams)
www.aspects-holidays.co.uk (Aspects)

Happy hunting
Andrew from London

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:06 AM
Lindsey

Hi Ann - I just came back from a short trip to Cornwall, and stayed in St Mawes -it's a small fishing village on a beautiful coastline, conveniently placed for visiting all the beautiful gardens in the area. We stayed at the Rising Sun - a great pub with eight bedrooms, all impeccably decorated. Have a look at http://www.innsofcornwall.com and click on St Mawes - I can highly recommend the food, staff, ambience, rooms, comfort levels and price!

Also in St Mawes is a more exlusive boutique hotel called Tresanton (http://www.tresanton.com) which is more expensive but comes highly recommended also by friends.

If you do go to Cornwall, be sure to visit St.Just-in-Roseland - the most picturesque church you could ever hope to see, and possibly one of my favourite places in the world!

Happy planning! L.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 04:25 AM
jw

You people make me want to get on a plane tomorrow! Thanks. J.