We are working with a travel agent who currently have us taking the train from Naples to Florence spending 4 nights in Florence and then renting a car & spending 5 nights touring the hill towns in Tuscany & Umbria. In looking at a map it appears more expedient to rent a car in Naples driving & spending the same 5 nts. At 1 or 2 bases touring Tuscany & Umbria and then drive to Florence turning in the car and touring Florence. Want your opinions.
Visiting the hill country on trip from Naples to Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Koper to Trieste
- 4 Trieste and Koper
- 5 Stay near Paris
- 6 What still confounds you about travel?
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 9 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 10 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 11 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 12 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 13 Pronunciation
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 Dublin Tour Companies
- 16 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 17 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 20 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 24 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 25 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?