We are working with a travel agent who currently have us taking the train from Naples to Florence spending 4 nights in Florence and then renting a car & spending 5 nights touring the hill towns in Tuscany & Umbria. In looking at a map it appears more expedient to rent a car in Naples driving & spending the same 5 nts. At 1 or 2 bases touring Tuscany & Umbria and then drive to Florence turning in the car and touring Florence. Want your opinions.
Visiting the hill country on trip from Naples to Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 3 kids to italy
- 4 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 5 6 day Switzerland itinerary with 7 and 4 yr olds
- 6 Buying Advance Tickets for Spain/Italy
- 7 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 8 Local Tour in Provence?
- 9 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 10 Advice needed/Carcasonne to Dordogne
- 11 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 12 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 13 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 14 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 15 Madrid Bajaras to Salamanca
- 16 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 Luxury accommodation in historic center of Rome? Where would you stay?
- 19 B&B recommendations in Cotswolds or Chartwell area
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Lavender Fields
- 24 bath or york
- 25 Rail tickets