We are working with a travel agent who currently have us taking the train from Naples to Florence spending 4 nights in Florence and then renting a car & spending 5 nights touring the hill towns in Tuscany & Umbria. In looking at a map it appears more expedient to rent a car in Naples driving & spending the same 5 nts. At 1 or 2 bases touring Tuscany & Umbria and then drive to Florence turning in the car and touring Florence. Want your opinions.
Visiting the hill country on trip from Naples to Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 2 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 5 Luggage sizing
- 6 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 7 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 8 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 9 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 10 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 11 Christmas in Munich
- 12 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 13 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 14 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 15 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 Eleanor's Pages
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 21 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 22 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 23 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car