We are working with a travel agent who currently have us taking the train from Naples to Florence spending 4 nights in Florence and then renting a car & spending 5 nights touring the hill towns in Tuscany & Umbria. In looking at a map it appears more expedient to rent a car in Naples driving & spending the same 5 nts. At 1 or 2 bases touring Tuscany & Umbria and then drive to Florence turning in the car and touring Florence. Want your opinions.
Visiting the hill country on trip from Naples to Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 3 Recommendation for a wine tour departing from Strasbourg.
- 4 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 5 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 6 ITALY
- 7 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 8 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 9 Akrotiri Tours
- 10 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 11 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 12 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 13 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 14 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 15 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 16 Dresden: 6 nights too many?
- 17 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 18 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 19 Northern Spain
- 20 Amsterdam: arriving 8/25 to depart on 8/30 Rhine river cruise
- 21 London hotel tax is 20%
- 22 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 23 France: which maps?
- 24 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 25 Hamam in Istanbul