Still in the planning stages of our 2 month trip to France this Summer. We have two nights to either spend in Lyon or Vienne and I have never been to either town. I am interested in the gastronomy of Lyon and the Jazz Festival in the Roman ampitheater in Vienne. Any recommendations on which town would be a better base and any hotel/b&b recs?
The second part of my question is that we will have a car with us and after we leave the Lyon area we will be going to Nice for a week and were planning on dropping off the car there. Should we drive to Nice from Lyon or take the train? We will be there in Mid July.
Thanks ! Kelly
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 24 hours in Zurich
- 2 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 3 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Summer Travel order
- 6 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 7 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 8 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 9 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 12 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 13 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 14 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 21 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 24 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 25 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question