My husband and I are meeting our daughter who will be studying abroad for the fall semester. She will be living in London for 3 and 1/2 months but will be in Paris for a planned school excursion when we meet her in October. What is the best way for us to get from Paris to Italy and then back to London? We will have 11 days to spend with her during her travel break. We would like to go to Rome, Venice and Florence after leaving Paris (3 days there) and then get back to London to visit a for a couple of days. Also, any chance of heading to Scotland or is that too far to travel? Our goal is to stay in Paris during her planned school excursion for 3 days, travel to Italy and spend most of our time there and then get her back to London for her classes and my husband and I may stay a couple of days longer in London. My husband would love to see Scotland (golf courses etc...) if this is possible. Thank you for any help or advice. We also would like to see as much as possible - active itinerary - not too worried about resting much.
Traveling from Atlanta, Georgia to Europe October 2010
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Novels set in Greece
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 21 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip