I am travelling from Vernazza in the Cinque Terra and would appreciate help with booking trains to Venice. We are travelling on June 30th so will wait for the new timetable for regional trains but I can book the Intercity or Frecciargento trains now.
Questions and concerns:
1.) I’m concerned about transfer times at stations.
2.) Reasons to go via Milan rather than Florence.
3.) Knowing about connecting regional trains now so I can book the Intercity trains.
The train leaving La Spezia at 13:35 is a regional train. It is direct to Florence so I rekon that it’s simpler not to have to transfer in Pisa if one can avoid it. That is a regional train so can I be sure that it will run in the newer timetable as I would have to book the leg from Florence to Venice.
Here there is only a transfer time in Florence of 23 minutes. Is that enough time? Also – what about transfer times at these stations:
We’d leave Vernazza at 10:44 arriving La Spezia at 11:50
At La Spezia – 18 min
At Pisa – 15 min.
At Florence – 58 min.
IF I WENT VIA MILAN ( Vernazza , Monterosso, Milan, Venice) there are only Intercity trains and Frecca trains so I can book all the way through. However, there is a transfer time of only 15 mins in Milan.
If you miss the connection I would presume you will be put on the next train if the first one is delayed but what if you don’t manage the 15 minutes transfer time. I am fit and only have a carry on but do not know the layout of the train station.
Would appreciate your comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kechua AOL MAIL : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 3 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 4 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 9 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 10 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 11 International drivers permit
- 12 Spain Itinerary
- 13 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 ATM
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 22 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)