I am travelling from Vernazza in the Cinque Terra and would appreciate help with booking trains to Venice. We are travelling on June 30th so will wait for the new timetable for regional trains but I can book the Intercity or Frecciargento trains now.
Questions and concerns:
1.) I’m concerned about transfer times at stations.
2.) Reasons to go via Milan rather than Florence.
3.) Knowing about connecting regional trains now so I can book the Intercity trains.
The train leaving La Spezia at 13:35 is a regional train. It is direct to Florence so I rekon that it’s simpler not to have to transfer in Pisa if one can avoid it. That is a regional train so can I be sure that it will run in the newer timetable as I would have to book the leg from Florence to Venice.
Here there is only a transfer time in Florence of 23 minutes. Is that enough time? Also – what about transfer times at these stations:
We’d leave Vernazza at 10:44 arriving La Spezia at 11:50
At La Spezia – 18 min
At Pisa – 15 min.
At Florence – 58 min.
IF I WENT VIA MILAN ( Vernazza , Monterosso, Milan, Venice) there are only Intercity trains and Frecca trains so I can book all the way through. However, there is a transfer time of only 15 mins in Milan.
If you miss the connection I would presume you will be put on the next train if the first one is delayed but what if you don’t manage the 15 minutes transfer time. I am fit and only have a carry on but do not know the layout of the train station.
Would appreciate your comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Italy in 11 Days
- 3 French election
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 6 Things to do in Montpellier
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Trip to Rome
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 13 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 14 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 15 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 16 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 17 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 18 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 19 3 week trip with children
- 20 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 21 dinner jackets
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 24 What is a good chip and pin card that works in Europe?
- 25 test