I am travelling from Vernazza in the Cinque Terra and would appreciate help with booking trains to Venice. We are travelling on June 30th so will wait for the new timetable for regional trains but I can book the Intercity or Frecciargento trains now.
Questions and concerns:
1.) I’m concerned about transfer times at stations.
2.) Reasons to go via Milan rather than Florence.
3.) Knowing about connecting regional trains now so I can book the Intercity trains.
The train leaving La Spezia at 13:35 is a regional train. It is direct to Florence so I rekon that it’s simpler not to have to transfer in Pisa if one can avoid it. That is a regional train so can I be sure that it will run in the newer timetable as I would have to book the leg from Florence to Venice.
Here there is only a transfer time in Florence of 23 minutes. Is that enough time? Also – what about transfer times at these stations:
We’d leave Vernazza at 10:44 arriving La Spezia at 11:50
At La Spezia – 18 min
At Pisa – 15 min.
At Florence – 58 min.
IF I WENT VIA MILAN ( Vernazza , Monterosso, Milan, Venice) there are only Intercity trains and Frecca trains so I can book all the way through. However, there is a transfer time of only 15 mins in Milan.
If you miss the connection I would presume you will be put on the next train if the first one is delayed but what if you don’t manage the 15 minutes transfer time. I am fit and only have a carry on but do not know the layout of the train station.
Would appreciate your comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 9 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 10 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 11 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 20 Budapest in December 2017
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 25 Dijon in December!