I am travelling from Vernazza in the Cinque Terra and would appreciate help with booking trains to Venice. We are travelling on June 30th so will wait for the new timetable for regional trains but I can book the Intercity or Frecciargento trains now.
Questions and concerns:
1.) I’m concerned about transfer times at stations.
2.) Reasons to go via Milan rather than Florence.
3.) Knowing about connecting regional trains now so I can book the Intercity trains.
The train leaving La Spezia at 13:35 is a regional train. It is direct to Florence so I rekon that it’s simpler not to have to transfer in Pisa if one can avoid it. That is a regional train so can I be sure that it will run in the newer timetable as I would have to book the leg from Florence to Venice.
Here there is only a transfer time in Florence of 23 minutes. Is that enough time? Also – what about transfer times at these stations:
We’d leave Vernazza at 10:44 arriving La Spezia at 11:50
At La Spezia – 18 min
At Pisa – 15 min.
At Florence – 58 min.
IF I WENT VIA MILAN ( Vernazza , Monterosso, Milan, Venice) there are only Intercity trains and Frecca trains so I can book all the way through. However, there is a transfer time of only 15 mins in Milan.
If you miss the connection I would presume you will be put on the next train if the first one is delayed but what if you don’t manage the 15 minutes transfer time. I am fit and only have a carry on but do not know the layout of the train station.
Would appreciate your comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 2 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 3 Do not use MYIPB to ship from London
- 4 French restaurants
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 7 Scotland Trip
- 8 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 9 Croatia trip Planning
- 10 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 11 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 12 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 Trains in Alps and UK
- 17 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 18 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 19 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Germany in December Trip Report
- 23 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 Travelling from Tromso to Lofoten Islands