I am travelling from Vernazza in the Cinque Terra and would appreciate help with booking trains to Venice. We are travelling on June 30th so will wait for the new timetable for regional trains but I can book the Intercity or Frecciargento trains now.
Questions and concerns:
1.) I’m concerned about transfer times at stations.
2.) Reasons to go via Milan rather than Florence.
3.) Knowing about connecting regional trains now so I can book the Intercity trains.
The train leaving La Spezia at 13:35 is a regional train. It is direct to Florence so I rekon that it’s simpler not to have to transfer in Pisa if one can avoid it. That is a regional train so can I be sure that it will run in the newer timetable as I would have to book the leg from Florence to Venice.
Here there is only a transfer time in Florence of 23 minutes. Is that enough time? Also – what about transfer times at these stations:
We’d leave Vernazza at 10:44 arriving La Spezia at 11:50
At La Spezia – 18 min
At Pisa – 15 min.
At Florence – 58 min.
IF I WENT VIA MILAN ( Vernazza , Monterosso, Milan, Venice) there are only Intercity trains and Frecca trains so I can book all the way through. However, there is a transfer time of only 15 mins in Milan.
If you miss the connection I would presume you will be put on the next train if the first one is delayed but what if you don’t manage the 15 minutes transfer time. I am fit and only have a carry on but do not know the layout of the train station.
Would appreciate your comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 3 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 4 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 5 Coastal Denmark
- 6 Christian Cafe Dating
- 7 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 8 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 13 Iceland
- 14 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 15 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 18 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 25 train from Bucharest to Brasov