I'll be going to Germany and Switzerland later this year and have been debating the cost benefits of purchasing a rail pass vs. individual tickets for trips. We are planning to do several excursions in Munich and the Interlaken regions, as well as using trains to travel from Germany to Switzerland. I automatically assumed a rail pass (German-Swiss Eurail) would be our best bet from a cost standpoint, but now I'm not so sure.
What do you think would be the best way to travel?
We are taking an overnight train from Amsterdam to Munich, and will be spending time walking through the downtown areas, going to Oktoberfest, etc. which will not require trains. However we do want to take day trips to places like Dachau or Neuwachstein Castle - I assume by train but if there are better ways I'd love to hear about them! We will be in Munich a total of 4 days.
After Munich we would love to travel Switzerland primarily by train - our main reason for going is to see the beautiful scenery so that seems to be the best way to enjoy it. I would like to stay in Lucerne as our "base" and again, take day trips to Mt. Pilatus and other scenic excursions. We will then make our way to Zurich to fly out. We will be in Switzerland 4-5 days.
All told, I was thinking to get 10-day German-Swiss Eurail Passes for myself and spouse, which is totalling about $830. Should I continue with that plan or is it worth it to do more research about individual train tickets?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 실시간바카라-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 2 파워볼시스템배팅 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 아시아바카라-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 4 아시안바카라-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 5 생방송카지노-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 6 아시아카지노-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 7 아시안카지노-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 9 월드카지노-((°【 ＢＥＥ２５８。COM 】°))-슈퍼카지노
- 10 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 17 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 18 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 19 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 20 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?