I have been looking into trains from Naples to Rome in mid August and have seen mention of reduced 'mini' fares in forums. I'm willing to book in advance to save money on a faster train but would not be willing to pay the full amt of €45 per person for the fast rain, so my other option is Inter city train which I've read is €22 each. However when I go onto italiarail.com I don't see mention of 'mini' fare prices. I see I can get an intercity train at a 20% Family discount for €72 second class - how is this a discount if it should be €22?
I'm sure Im missing something obvious here and thanks for any help in making this clearer!
Im just wondering if we should just but the ticket at the station on the way!
Any discounts for 13 yr olds?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland itinerary help please
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 CDG much improved
- 6 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?