I have been looking into trains from Naples to Rome in mid August and have seen mention of reduced 'mini' fares in forums. I'm willing to book in advance to save money on a faster train but would not be willing to pay the full amt of €45 per person for the fast rain, so my other option is Inter city train which I've read is €22 each. However when I go onto italiarail.com I don't see mention of 'mini' fare prices. I see I can get an intercity train at a 20% Family discount for €72 second class - how is this a discount if it should be €22?
I'm sure Im missing something obvious here and thanks for any help in making this clearer!
Im just wondering if we should just but the ticket at the station on the way!
Any discounts for 13 yr olds?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netherlands, Alps, Tuscany
- 2 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 3 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 4 Fivizzano; near Aulla, Italy
- 5 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 6 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 7 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 8 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 9 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 10 Belgium Travel Concept
- 11 Planning Europe itinerary
- 12 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 13 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 14 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 15 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 16 London Pass or No?
- 17 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 18 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 19 Help with Sapin and Portugal itinerary please
- 20 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 21 First time in Greece
- 22 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 23 Rome & Amalfi Coast (driving/Public Transit questions)
- 24 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 25 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?