I have been looking into trains from Naples to Rome in mid August and have seen mention of reduced 'mini' fares in forums. I'm willing to book in advance to save money on a faster train but would not be willing to pay the full amt of €45 per person for the fast rain, so my other option is Inter city train which I've read is €22 each. However when I go onto italiarail.com I don't see mention of 'mini' fare prices. I see I can get an intercity train at a 20% Family discount for €72 second class - how is this a discount if it should be €22?
I'm sure Im missing something obvious here and thanks for any help in making this clearer!
Im just wondering if we should just but the ticket at the station on the way!
Any discounts for 13 yr olds?
Train Naples to Rome ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 2 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 3 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 4 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 5 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 6 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 9 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 10 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 11 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 12 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 13 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 14 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 17 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 18 2 weeks in Europe
- 19 Matisse at Tate
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 25 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary