My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds first time
- 2 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 3 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 4 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 5 Schengen rule made easy
- 6 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 7 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 8 From Chopin Airport to Warsaw Central (by Bus or train?)
- 9 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 10 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 11 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 12 Bibich Winery
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 Travel during Ferragosto?
- 15 Honeymoon Decision?
- 16 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 17 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 18 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 19 First Trip to Europe
- 20 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 23 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 24 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 25 7 days in London in Dec with family