My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 2 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 3 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 4 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 5 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 6 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 7 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday
- 8 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 12 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 19 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 20 Stay near Paris
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 22 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 23 Oktoberfest reservations
- 24 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 25 Eurostar booking