My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 Dublin to Armagh?
- 4 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 5 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 6 Gite and/or agritourism
- 7 Apartment for family trip to London
- 8 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 9 Prebook B&Bs
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 England and Scotland
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 14 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 20 days in Germany
- 17 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 18 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 23 Athens/Istanbul March
- 24 French open
- 25 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?