My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 5 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 6 American Express
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 13 Three ferries to Mull
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 18 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 19 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 20 Story of the German Christmas star
- 21 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 25 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?