My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 2 3 weeks in Europe
- 3 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 4 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 5 Madrid and London
- 6 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 7 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 8 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 9 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 10 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 11 Stay away from EF Tours
- 12 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 13 10 days in England
- 14 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 15 going to italy
- 16 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 17 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 18 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 19 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 20 Self-driving tips for France
- 21 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 22 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 23 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 24 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 25 Saint Malo or Dinan?