My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre or Amalfi Coast?
- 2 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 3 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 4 German Wings
- 5 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?
- 6 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 7 Bologna Restaurants
- 8 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 9 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 10 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 11 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 12 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 13 Sea side in Italy
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 16 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 17 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 18 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 19 Spain in 17 days
- 20 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 21 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 22 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 23 Our first trip to Europe
- 24 Booking Engines You trust?
- 25 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles