My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 4 Story of the German Christmas star
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 Three ferries to Mull
- 9 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 10 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 11 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 12 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 driving in france with kids
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 17 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 20 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 21 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 24 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?