My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hotels in Seville
- 2 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 3 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 8 Prague - Tram #22
- 9 nearby cities to london
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 18 Porto -City Break
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 21 7 days in Greece
- 22 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?