My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 3 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 4 7 Nights in Paris
- 5 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 6 London - Site List Triage -
- 7 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 8 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 9 Cell phones in Ireland
- 10 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 14 Priceline for London hotels
- 15 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 16 Ireland itinerary
- 17 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 18 Fjords, How To?
- 19 Istanbul Itinerary
- 20 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 21 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 22 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 23 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 24 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 25 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?