My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Local Tour in Provence?
- 8 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 9 5am arrival in Dublin
- 10 10 Hours in Brussels
- 11 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 12 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 13 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 14 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 15 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 16 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 17 Hotel in Venice
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 20 Transportation in Barcelona
- 21 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 22 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 23 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 24 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 25 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations