My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 first european holiday itinery
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Travel by train or bus
- 10 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 11 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 Cyprus in December
- 21 Cyprus photo gallery
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Which travel plan?
- 25 Florence in October