My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 2 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 3 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 4 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 5 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 6 biking in France
- 7 Help with France itinerary
- 8 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 9 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 10 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 11 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 12 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 13 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 14 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 15 South of France - recommendations please!
- 16 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 17 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 18 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 19 Sienna at night
- 20 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 21 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 22 Siena Favorites?
- 23 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 24 Terrorism in Europe
- 25 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como