My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 2 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 3 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 4 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 5 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 6 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 7 Tipping in the UK
- 8 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 9 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 10 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 11 4 days in lake region
- 12 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 13 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 14 Favorite things to do in London
- 15 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 19 Europe in December for 10 days
- 20 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 21 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 22 floods in Andalucia
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 25 Interested In Coach Passes