My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains
- 2 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 3 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 4 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 5 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 6 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 7 DVD players in France
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 10 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple
- 11 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 12 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 13 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 14 Marseille four day for my son the Navy Sailor
- 15 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 16 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 17 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 18 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 19 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 20 Travel by train in Poland?
- 21 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 24 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 25 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)