My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 2 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 3 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 6 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 16 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 17 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 18 Rome Food Tour
- 19 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 22 First Time to UK since 2001
- 23 Help with England/Wales tour
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 Autumn in Paris