My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 5 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 6 Best day trips from Paris
- 7 Santorini transportation
- 8 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 9 Gift for French business associate
- 10 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 11 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 12 Scotland Votes "No"
- 13 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 14 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 15 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 16 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 17 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 18 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 19 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 22 White Christmas
- 23 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Gtg San Antonio