My husband and I will be traveling with our daughter and her husband plus their 2 teenage girls and will be spending time in Ljubljana and Trieste, the home of my grandmother and grandfather. We have been planning on renting a car as we will be 4 days in Trieste and 6 days at a villa in Triglav National Park. But with car rental, probably a van for 6 people and luggage, cost of gas, and parking I'm beginning to wonder about a train ride. I found 1 website that shows a train trip that takes about 5 hours. Once we got back to Triglev, we'd probably rent a van to take some side trips. Certainly it would be faster by car, but we would have time to see some of the country that we would otherwise miss. Does anyone have any knowledge or suggestions about such an idea.
Train from Ljubljana, Slovenia to Trieste
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 2 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 3 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 4 Weekend navigo options
- 5 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 6 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 7 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 8 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 9 GYTHION and MYSTRAS
- 10 help- itinerary planning france-switzerland-Italy -18N starting 15th July
- 11 airport transportation
- 12 Split to Venice. Help!
- 13 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 14 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 15 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 16 phone service
- 17 Macarons!
- 18 ideas for Portugal please
- 19 DCC on the increase?
- 20 4 days in the Yonne (Burgundy) with kids - itinerary suggestions?
- 21 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 22 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 23 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 24 Southern France/Northern Italy/Switzerland trip
- 25 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.