My husband and I are in our late twenties and we are finally planning the big Europe trip we never got to do when we were younger (work and life got in the way!).
I'm looking to you seasoned experts for advice!
We we will be backpacking (or "flash packing" as they say) and traveling primarily by train. We are looking to stay in hostels and travel on a budget so we can splurge occasionally on food, wine and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Early August until late October (close to 3 months)
What we're looking for:
We really want a balance of beach, culture, art/history and food & fine, as well as natural beauty of course. Also, we still like to party every now and then But not as much as recent grads, I'm sure!
We are open to almost anything as long as it is safe and reasonably priced... But generally we are not fans of huge crowds and tourist traps.
NOTHING is set in stone yet so we are very flexible... But things that are high on our to-do list include:
- hiking in the Alps
- Bavarian towns
- Eastern Europe
- Medieval towns / castles / chateaus
- French Riviera
- Lyon or anywhere with good French food
- Tuscany (wine and olives)
- Southern Italy or any place with awesome beaches
- Norway / Fjords sound amazing but might be out of the way
Note: we have already been to Paris, Athens (and Crete and Corfu, Greece), Ireland and Scotland, so those spots are covered for now. Also we figure since we have seen UK then we'd be ok to skip England this time, and maybe do it another year...that is, if it is out of the way.
I am trying to put together an itinerary, with some flexibility of course, but also enough structure to ensure we don't miss out or key experiences.
Any advice as to what cities to visit, how to get from one place to another, how long to stay in each place, etc would be so greatly appreciated!
Of all the places on my list the area I'm having most trouble finding information on is Switzerland & the Alps. We are not rich ...we are hoping we can enjoy some hiking and natural beauty without paying a fortune or having to rely on tours.
Many thanks in advance, my fellow travelers and day-dreamers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 우리카지노⋞」❂「( SO224。COM )」❂「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 2 블랙잭카지노⋞」❂「( SO224。COM )」❂「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 3 카지노게임사이트⋞」❂「( SO224。COM )」❂「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 4 아시아카지노⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 5 아시아카지노⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 6 아라비안바카라⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 7 강원랜드바카라⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 8 다모아바카라⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 9 바카라게임⋞」✺「( SO224。COM )」✺「⋟슈퍼카지노
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 15 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 16 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 20 Germany train help!
- 21 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 22 Versailles
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Petrol in Greece