I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 2 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 3 I forgot my international driver permit
- 4 Daytime or Sunset Cruise in Santorini
- 5 Bordeaux TRIP
- 6 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 7 Den Bosch vs nearby towns? Daytrip from Eindhoven
- 8 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 9 August - Barge Racing in Friesland
- 10 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 11 Help with itinerary
- 12 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 13 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 16 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 17 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 18 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 International Friends Tour
- 21 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 22 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 23 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 24 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 25 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival