I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 6 London 2nd time around
- 7 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 17 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 18 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 21 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 22 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 23 Sicily - not a trip report
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?