I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 5 Switzerland in October
- 6 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 7 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 8 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 9 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 10 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 11 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 12 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 13 Tuscany First Time
- 14 Iceland car rental agencies
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 21 2 days in Lugano area
- 22 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 23 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 24 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival