I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 2 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 3 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 4 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 5 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 6 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 7 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 8 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 11 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 12 Grad Schools in London?
- 13 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 14 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 15 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 16 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 17 Cotswolds first time
- 18 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 19 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 20 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 21 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 22 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 23 Day trips from Bologna
- 24 First Trip to Europe
- 25 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago