I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 2 Madrid: City Views
- 3 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 4 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 5 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 6 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 7 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 8 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 9 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 10 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 11 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 12 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 13 How to make this adventure work?
- 14 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 15 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 16 dining in Brussels
- 17 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 18 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 19 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 20 using airbnb for the first time...
- 21 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 22 plug adapters ITALY
- 23 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 24 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 25 How much luggage?????