I am trying to determine if I can book tickets out of CDG to Reims based on the arrival of our flight. And if I book the tickets and miss the train, what happens to the ticket? And will the price of this ticket go up so drastically that I should risk buying in advance or just wait until we arrive in Paris on the day of to either buy the ticket out of CDG if we make it in time, if not, then head into paris and get the next train out of Gare d l'est. I don't want to be stressing out in line at customs at the airport worrying over missing the train, but if our timing seems feasible, I would hate to back track into paris then catch another train to Reims if we could've made it.
We are arriving on United with a layover first in Germany on Wednesday, August 7 at 10:44 AM. The train we are hoping to catch departs CDG on the TGV at 12:36. Right now the ticket is 16.47 Euros. First off, will this sell out if we wait to try and catch the day of? If not, will it be double the price anyway since we waited? The TGV site is a little confusing as to whether this is a PREM or TARIF fare and thus exchangeable if we miss the train.
If we are assuming we won't have enough time for customs and luggage to make the CDG train, then our next option is to go to Gare d L'est for the 12:58, 1:58 or 3:30, 3:45 or 5:30 pm trains. Again, should we buy this ticket in advance to save on the fare? Will they sell out? which one would we likely make given our arrival time at the airport?
Thank you so much if anyone can advise on this!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 7 Barcelona cooking classes
- 8 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 4 days itinerary for France
- 16 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 19 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 vienna
- 22 Questions about Polish sights
- 23 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 24 Bernina Express mid-March
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
TGV Train Tickets: CDG or Gare Est to Reims, based on flight arrival