I am a college sophomore looking to study abroad the fall of my junior year. I am trying to decide where to go for study abroad, Copenhagen or the South of France (Strasbourg).
I have been to Europe once and went to Paris, London, and Amsterdam. I LOVED Amsterdam and Scandinavian culture, but I really did not like Paris too much (I thought it was dirty, cliche, and crowded). For this reason, I have always wanted to go abroad to somewhere in Scandinavia.
I love how clean it is, how modern, I love the fashion and how friendly people are. I am also a vegan, and the food in Scandinavia (modern food, not traditional Danish food like salted cod) tends to be very healthy and (at least) vegetarian-friendly. I also want to be in a place that is central in Europe, and is easy to travel to other countries.
However, I am in an advanced level French class right now and could (hypothetically) become fluent if I study abroad in a French speaking country , which is a goal of mine. Also, I am an Art History minor, which several people have told me that Strasbourg is a great place to go for art.
Ultimately, I want to know what people think about Copenhagen vs. Strasbourg (or the South of France in general) for study abroad based on these topics:
1. Healthy food/vegetarian friendly
2. Art and fashion dedicated
3. Friendliness of the people
4. Culture and immersion ability
5. General thoughts
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary