I am a college sophomore looking to study abroad the fall of my junior year. I am trying to decide where to go for study abroad, Copenhagen or the South of France (Strasbourg).
I have been to Europe once and went to Paris, London, and Amsterdam. I LOVED Amsterdam and Scandinavian culture, but I really did not like Paris too much (I thought it was dirty, cliche, and crowded). For this reason, I have always wanted to go abroad to somewhere in Scandinavia.
I love how clean it is, how modern, I love the fashion and how friendly people are. I am also a vegan, and the food in Scandinavia (modern food, not traditional Danish food like salted cod) tends to be very healthy and (at least) vegetarian-friendly. I also want to be in a place that is central in Europe, and is easy to travel to other countries.
However, I am in an advanced level French class right now and could (hypothetically) become fluent if I study abroad in a French speaking country , which is a goal of mine. Also, I am an Art History minor, which several people have told me that Strasbourg is a great place to go for art.
Ultimately, I want to know what people think about Copenhagen vs. Strasbourg (or the South of France in general) for study abroad based on these topics:
1. Healthy food/vegetarian friendly
2. Art and fashion dedicated
3. Friendliness of the people
4. Culture and immersion ability
5. General thoughts
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 2 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 3 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 4 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 15 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 16 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 20 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 21 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 22 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 Where to buy Saffron?