We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 auto europa or auto europe?
- 2 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 car insurance italy
- 7 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 8 8 Days in Spain
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 9 Days in Spain
- 14 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 15 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 16 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Paris to Italy
- 19 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 23 Amsterdam
- 24 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 25 travel to prague, vienna and munich