We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 where to stay in London?
- 12 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 13 vienna
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Juangfrau / mt
- 22 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days