We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 2 1 way ticket
- 3 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 4 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 5 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 6 Car Rentals
- 7 French immersion courses in France
- 8 What type of visa is right for me?
- 9 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 10 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 11 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 12 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 13 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 14 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 15 Visiting Spain in January
- 16 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 17 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 18 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 19 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 20 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 21 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 22 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 23 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 24 Paris---baguette question???
- 25 Europe in late January