We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Stockholm Museums and Activities
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 4 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 5 Grad Schools in London?
- 6 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 7 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 8 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 9 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 10 Paris in black and white
- 11 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 12 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 13 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 14 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 15 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 16 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 17 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 18 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 19 Mama Mia Italy!
- 20 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 21 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 22 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 23 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 24 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 25 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?