We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 3 Kitchen Units Manchester
- 4 driving from prague to salzburg
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Acropolis Athens
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Versailles
- 15 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 20 Meteora for older folk
- 21 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 22 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 23 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 24 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 25 Swiss Half Fare Card