We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Stockholm Museums and Activities
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time Going to Europe
- 2 atm cards in Spain
- 3 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 4 Buy real and fake passports, driver's licenses, ID cards,Visas
- 5 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 6 Hotel in Rome?
- 7 How long in Venice?
- 8 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 9 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 10 weather in Veneto area in September
- 11 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 12 Germany Visa for conference
- 13 Cotswolds village base
- 14 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 15 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 16 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 17 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 18 10 days in England
- 19 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 20 Passport Delays
- 21 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 22 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 23 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 24 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 25 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence