We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 2 Hp printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 3 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 4 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Maximizing Norway time
- 8 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 9 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 10 Hiking in Switzerland
- 11 Best layover option
- 12 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 13 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 14 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 15 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 16 Berlin
- 17 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 18 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 19 3 days solo in London
- 20 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 21 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 22 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 25 Belfast leading up to July 12