We have four full days in Stockholm in late July and early August this year. We are staying on Soldermalm. I'm trying to plan sites to see. We are two able bodied adults and an active seven year old. When going to museums we figure we have about an hour to see what we can see. And we enjoy just walking around cities to see what we may come across. So that sort of balances things out for the seven year old. I think the Vasa Musuem, Viking history, and arms and armor may hold our son's attention more than more usual museum fare would.
I'm thinking about three days of going around the city and seeing various museums. That would leave one day for a day trip to either Birka or an excursion into the Archipelago. I suppose we could also do a day trip to Birka and a couple hour boat trip to the Archipelago.
I'm thinking of dividing the three days in the city as follows:
one day for the Vasa, Skansen, and possibly the Prins Eugesn Waldemarsudde. I've heard Skansen could take a day by itself. So I suppose we'll be giving that short shrift. Or we could try these the first day and return if we found it that compelling.
one day for Gamla Stan and the Royal palace, Mint, Armory
one day for Central Stockholm and National Museum, Historiska Museum, maybe the Armemuseum.
Any comments or ideas, must sees, should avoid, too ambitious, etc.
Stockholm Museums and Activities
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 2 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 3 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 4 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Is Capri overrated?
- 6 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 7 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 8 9 days on amalfi coast
- 9 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 10 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 11 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 12 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 13 A week in Paris
- 14 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 15 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 16 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 17 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 18 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 19 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 20 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 21 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights
- 22 Which tour would you choose?
- 23 London and nearby suggestions
- 24 Need help with our itinerary
- 25 Some Ireland enjoyment tips